Vray/Blender can't add port 5555 to firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray/Blender can't add port 5555 to firewall

I started using Ubuntu instead of windows, and I have a problem with Blender with Vray. During the install I get an error saying something like : "Firewall error: can't add port 5555" and "Firewall error: can't add application to exceptions". Blender works fine, but I can't get Vray to function. From the Blender console I get "Could not obtain a license (-98 ): There are no available licenses of this type on the ChaosGroup License Server.". But the license server works fine. I can open it from the browser and I can see my license there.
    I tried disabling ufw firewall but it doesn't do anything. I tried to allow port 5555, but it also doesn't do anything. So, I could use some help here.

This is copy paste from installation log

Encountered errors during installation:
    Firewall: FAILED to add port 5555
    Firewall: FAILED to add exception for application: /usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/VRayZmqServer/VRayZmqServer
    Error during: Updating Firewall

EDIT
    And if I borrow a license for offline use I get this error "Could not obtain a license (-6): The ChaosGroup License Server is taking too long to respond."
    Last edited by I14R10; 19-10-2019, 11:28 AM.

Sorry to bother you, everything is fine. I've been trying to install Vray Next instead of Vray ADV and didn't even notice it. Works fine now.

Comment

Working...
    X