Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some help with radial anisotropic reflections

hi everybody!

im trying to setup radial anisotropic reflections in my scene for the vinyl and some metal surfaces, but im stuck. the methods displayed in tutorials dont aply, and i tried the 3dsmax technique, but also without results,,

i got no clue, so i would be verrry happy if someone would share how its done

cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayblendanistrphy.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1165046

I am guessing that you don't have an appropriate bump map for the vinyl, so either a b/w gradient, tiled a load of times and radial, or an image of similar, should sort out the problem.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thank you for your reply Fixeighted!

i tried using bumps or normals for vinyl but it doesnt realy look good, lots of aliasing problems in the groove area;s, this also needs huge textures becouse grooves are so small. usualy i vary glossiness, this fakes the look of grooves in the surface.

I went back to 3dsmax to recreate the shader and found out that my first mistake was to set anistrophy to 1.0, it needs a value between .1 an .9 or so..

i also added a scalar to the output of the gradient. and crank it up to 20.. i dont realy know how this conversion works,, i still see a seam in the surface of the vinyl.

also had to set the gradient type to spiral instead of sweep..

theres no real visual feedback from materials in blender mat-editor. so its a lot of try and error.

now there's still the problem that the second gradient map: gradient.001 doesnt show at all, even if i pipe it into diffuse it doesnt show up,, while i connected this map the same way as the anastropic rotation gradient map...

Click image for larger version

Name:	anistropy vinyl.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1165120

Comment

I had another look at this and decided that the bump method worked better for the vinyl and doesn't therefore need any anisotropy.
        Here's the Max setup if it's of use.
        Attached Files
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
        X