Fog and smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog and smoke

I get this weird noise when i render my smoke scene. Its kinda circular noise. My node setup should be correct.
    Anybody experienced same thing?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oisyrender.jpg

Here is a render of a scene Im working on. In the middle you can see the smoke is rendering ok. But it is surrounded by this weird noise :/

Comment

And it happens with every render setting.

Vray: 3.20.03

I downloaded the guide scene for smoke setup. It works perfectly. But when i try to remake the smoke in my own scene, it gives me the noise.

Comment

I now understand that the noise renders because for some reason vray renders the Smoke domain. And it appears as noise. How do i disable the domain rendering.

Comment

I deleted the smoke domain and the smoke emitting object and created them again. And it worked!

Comment

I cant find a way to change the color of the smoke

Comment

Found the way the change color. Im trying to achieve realistic looking smoke with with fire. Smoke i got workig but fire is hard. Any tips anyone?

Comment

Fog and

That looks GREAT Edwin Move details on the materials used and how did you install the screans where the fog lights were?
                áåëîðóññêàÿ êîñìåòèêà îòçûâû
                êîñìåòèêà ïðèíöåññà

Comment

Smoke is not rendered with GPU, only with CPU. Is it supposed to work just like this?
                  Last edited by jkontiola; 26-10-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Seems smoke is not working with GPU. Devs, is this something that can be corrected, or is it a limitation of GPU? I can provide a test scene in case something is not correct in the setup.

Comment

andybot_cg Upload scene please.

Comment

Originally posted by poseidon4o View Post
                        andybot_cg Upload scene please.
                        Here's a fog example. I am not sure how to get smoke data to V-Ray. I read something from many years ago about using an exporter to generate voxel data but I could not find an exporter. Anyone have a current method for getting physics data to a V-Ray renderable format?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I never managed to get fog with Gpu. Documents says that Environment fog is not supported by Gpu. https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...rted+Features#
                          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Yes, I recall seeing that about env fog. The example above is regular fog.

bdancer do you have a current example smoke file? There was one on the old site from many years ago.

Comment

Maybe its the same thing, when you hover over Fog node in menu, tooltip says its (type="VRayNodeEnvironmentFog")
                              Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
                              X