Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray bin segmentation foult

hello todai build gives me this message

/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Standalone_for_linux_x64/bin/linux_x64/gcc-4.4/vray: line 5: 27303 Segmentation fault (core dumped) "/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Standalone_for_linux_x64/bin/linux_x64/gcc-4.4/vray.bin" "$@"

On every scene?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Yes, looks like image atribute or something not found, main thing is in preview glossines do not react in image sloted at all, and Color ramp sliders does not help to get more more polished surfac reflections, it looks like it does not understand textures, i tryed uninstal vray, uninstal just vray blender, install 2017 09 10 build, 2017 09 15, 2017 09 16 and so one, but it did not helped, i guess my system messed up or something...

Comment

by the way color slot works, i can see difuse (color texture) in preview and in render it takes correct

Comment

We'll need a scene to debug this.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

can i send you by weetransfer?

Comment

Stugys Can you give some more info when do you get the crash (core dump). I tried rendering the scene you sent and it rendered fine on both win & linux (centos 7). Also what is the problem with glossiness and preview - does it work as expected?

Comment

sorry for late answer, i have sended you screen recorded video what i am doing and what is the result

Comment

Hello, I see that no one have downloaded my sended videao example by weetransfer, maybe some one missed that, if i can me more precise, it was sended to poseidon4o email, thank you for future answers

Comment

ok now i can be more specific
                    2017 09 21 - 2017 09 08 do not shows Reflect Glossiness slot preview if texture is plugged in
                    2017 09 07 - 2017 09 05 shows Reflect Glossiness slot preview if texture is plugged in, but it starts to show core dumped message if [Image File] node --> [Gradient Ramp] node --> [Standard Material] node configuration is used, and Gradient ramp nodes sliders are moved quickly,
                    2017 09 04 and older builds works fine without core dumped. (last build that works fine).

Comment

2017 09 22 build for linux still shows core dumped

Comment

Stugys Hi, sorry for my late reply. The versions you are writing and for "Blender for V-Ray"? I saw in the video that your V-Ray Standaolone build is from Aug 1 2017 and this build is no longer in nightly. Can you try updating your std to newer version while I try to find out why this one is crashing.

Comment

Stugys Try lowering the Reflect Glossiness Multiplier to 20% when you have the image connected to the slot - you should see the glossy reflection.

Comment

thank you for your reply, I updated vray standalone with todays nightlies build, will it be useful for you output file of core dumped?

Comment

today's build still have core dumped, and strange material preview, it did not shows textures at all
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X