latest 2.79 working correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest 2.79 working correct

Hi it's a bit i keep far from vray blender, so i tried to instal 2.79 (latest nighties) and i found the material settings it's totally crazy my materials don't works, ca some one tell me the latest 2.79 working?

hi there is some changes in glossines settings, ry to read in this thread.
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...texture-values

Comment

Thank you, i tought getting crazy!

Comment

Well you are not alone in this situation, I think I was starting to pissing off developers, few times i write in bug reports that glossy feature does not work, looks like they just changed material workflow feature, and did not mention that in the forum. But hey maybe we can not blame them, maybe we are too lazy to read change log (I think there should have been mentioned about that) when we download blender or vray builds (I am talking about my self) , that is just misunderstanding I guess.

Comment

Ok you say lazy but it's a big efforts try to do good works in the 3d , it's impossible follow somethingh that change costantly,miss a reference platform,every day there is a surprise using an object creted previously,for every material i have to do try and try,once beacuse the bump, once because the glossy,i'm very tired,i'm sorry beacuase i love vray i think i't the best engine render, but i'm thinking to octane.

Comment

I can understand your frustration and maybe you will have better luck with Octane. For our part, changes are unavoidable as both Blender and V-Ray progress forward.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I can understand that Blender and Vray is in evolution,but i'd like know if there is a version stable(or as good as possible)and where i can read the changing introduced by the new versions.

Comment

marcoz I've been using a build from Sept 6 for production. I haven't had a chance to test more recent builds, but this one (vrayblender35-2.79-cbc187e-x86_64-windows.exe) is working quite well with the V-Ray 3.6 engine, and doesn't have this latest glossy reflection change. It's definitely a good idea to check changelogs when possible, but for me, I usually do some tests of new builds on a secondary computer before I use it in a production environment.

On the whole, I appreciate having responsive development of V-Ray for Blender where we do have builds that incorporate new features. I think the trade-off has been worth it compared to only getting stable builds every now and then.

Comment

Thank you Andy i appreciate your courtesy.

Comment

Working...
                  X