Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control HDRI environment background brightness correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to control HDRI environment background brightness correctly?

I've tried so many different things. I just can't find proper way to get the background render at same brightness as in the Properties -> world window. It always renders a lot brighter than it shows in the world preview. If I change it from the environment node, it changes the brightness in world preview but not in render. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks,

-J

EDIT:
    By controlling environment textures Gamma corrected value I seem to be able to control the brightness of it. Is it correct way to do it?

I've been setting up my scenes with 2 dome lights. One just for reflection and background, and the other for lighting. (Uncheck affect diffuse for the background one, uncheck reflections for the lighting one, specular, use whichever looks better.) I control the values with the dome light intensity multiplier.

Comment

can you make some screenshots, it would be more clear what seings and what results you have?

Comment

Okay, i think i figured out what you mean. Thanks. I would like to see some screenshots too, they would help alot!

This seems to be awesome way to control the lighting. Thanks!
        Last edited by jkontiola; 18-11-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Sure, here are the settings for the two lights. It's really simple, I have 2 dome lights in the scene, one to provide background and reflections, and one as the light source. (Note that I have specular turned off for both. It seems to introduce a lot of speckles, especially if it's enabled in the higher intensity hemi.)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by andybot_cg; 18-11-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Great, thank you very much! You propably have a lot of great tips you could give me .

Comment

Working...
            X