• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal map dont works

Hello the normal maps do not work.
    Thank.
    vray for mac ba6afb2

I think the problem is in the image node, if I connect the same texture in the color input, it is not shown in the render.
    please correct this.
    Thanks
    I work in last buld for mac now. 24/01/18

Comment

PablonchoWorks, so this means all image textures are broken? Or only this case?
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

PablonchoWorks Can you upload the scene please? Also do you have UV for the mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
          PablonchoWorks, so this means all image textures are broken? Or only this case?
          Hello.
          The problem is only in tiff normal map image and displacement psd file.
          I leave below a demonstration same scene, different texture.

Comment

Originally posted by poseidon4o View Post
            PablonchoWorks Can you upload the scene please? Also do you have UV for the mesh?
            Yes, of course the model has uvs.
            Look in the photo above. Please let me know where can I send you the file.
            thanks

Comment

Hi guys, the problem is resolved, there's nothing wrong with the TIF format.
              The problem is that Vray can not read the second Latin N with an accent.
              Apparently Vray is not able to read this letter.
              It would be good to add Spanish characters in the programming.
              Thanks to both anyway.
              Resultado de imagen para ?.

Comment

Changing the character to the name of the root folder allows me to render the normal map image in the diffuse channel, but I still do not have normal maps working, nor was the displacement successful.

I'm going to sleep. I send the file.

Comment

Trying things, I realized that for the channel of diffusion it did not need to mark the name of the uv. As usual.
                  But for some reason in the normal channel, and in the displacement channel, it requires me to place a uvname in the image node. Although the mesh has only one uv.
                  Well, this is solved. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post
                    Trying things, I realized that for the channel of diffusion it did not need to mark the name of the uv. As usual.
                    But for some reason in the normal channel, and in the displacement channel, it requires me to place a uvname in the image node. Although the mesh has only one uv.
                    Well, this is solved. Thanks!
                    I noticed this problem as well - if the channel is left blank for the normal or bump channel, the effect is missing in the render. I've been using "manual" setting for UV, and adding a mapping node specifying channel #1 (That's another issue - bump/ normal only uses the first channel.)

Comment

What build of Blender For V-Ray are you using and what version of VRay? I am trying with latest nightly on clear scene with one light, one plane (uv unwrapped), and Image File for bump, and it seems to work with blank Layer in the Image File node.

Also can you upload a scene that reproduces the problem please?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to test new builds in a while. I'll check that out and send a sample scene if I still have problems.

Comment

It seems to me that bumpmaps not working with GPU rendering. Is that true? Some times they work and often in random cases they just dont work. As soon as I do CPU rendering all the normal and bump maps work. This makes me go crazy in my brains..
                          Last edited by jkontiola; 10-02-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X