Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender hangs on Render export if Linked objects are present

Windows 7
    Blender Build: vrayblender35-2.79-8ab182c-x86_64-windows is name of the download file from https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/main#/blender. Splash screen says Hash: 8ab182c, Branch: dev/vray_for_blender/vb35
    V-ray version: Maya 2016

I am attempting to render a scene that uses linked object groups, but it crashes. When I hit render, Blender hangs and my entire System RAM (32gb) fills up over a couple of minutes. It will then sit like this for hours and never recover, so I have to end Blender. It does not manage to launch the vray.exe process, so i assume it is getting stuck on the Export.

If I make the linked Group local to the file with Make Local, it renders just fine. These objects also render fine in their own file.

I have tried stripping the linked objects of materials in their base files, linking them as objects instead of a group, and even linking just a basic untouched starting cube. All of these cause the same problem, so it is not a specific problem with any one object or data on the object like a material. If I append or make local, they all work just fine.

Is there anything I can do to get around this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Oscalon; 13-02-2018, 08:23 PM.

Does this happen with any linked objects or just in this particular scene? Could you send me this scene at andrei.izrantcev@chaosgroup.com?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

It seems to be happening with any linked object or group of objects in any scene, even just a default file linking in the cube from another default file. I have also tested with a totally clean blender environment (removed all addons and everything at default settings) and it still occurs.
      Last edited by Oscalon; 14-02-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Oscalon thank you for the report! This should be fixed with next nightly build.

Comment

Working...
        X