Vray blender linux build 2018 02 21 crashes during starting the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray blender linux build 2018 02 21 crashes during starting the program

/usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/blender: line 4: 51324 Segmentation fault (core dumped) "/usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/blender.bin"

Does this happen every time you open Blender? What is your startup scene? It is located in /home/<user>/.config/blender/2.79/startup.blend does it still crash if you would rename/move the file?

Comment

This is what i got if i rename file

Code:
      /usr/ChaosGroup/Blender\ 2.79\ \(With\ V-Ray\ Additions\)/blender
      Read prefs: /home/USER/.config/blender/2.79/config/userpref.blend
      found bundled python: /usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/2.79/python
      V-Ray For Blender: Using "/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Standalone_for_linux_x64/opensl/stdosl.h" for stdosl path.
      V-Ray For Blender: Parsing plugin descriptions... done [00:00.06]
      V-Ray For Blender: vfb_load()
      V-Ray For Blender: vfb_get_exporter_types()
      Writing: /tmp/blender.crash.txt
      /usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/blender: line 4: 64291 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "/usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/blender.bin"

Comment

This is output if i delete startup file

Code:
        tomas@amd:~$ /usr/ChaosGroup/Blender\ 2.79\ \(With\ V-Ray\ Additions\)/blender
        Read prefs: /home/USER/.config/blender/2.79/config/userpref.blend
        found bundled python: /usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/2.79/python
        V-Ray For Blender: Using "/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Standalone_for_linux_x64/opensl/stdosl.h" for stdosl path.
        V-Ray For Blender: Parsing plugin descriptions... done [00:00.07]
        V-Ray For Blender: vfb_load()
        V-Ray For Blender: vfb_get_exporter_types()
        Writing: /tmp/blender.crash.txt
        /usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/blender: line 4: 64654 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "/usr/ChaosGroup/Blender 2.79 (With V-Ray Additions)/blender.bin"

Comment

Thank you for nice progress. Ok, looks like deleting start up file is half of the truth, i need to delete or rename userpref.blend file too, i think there are stored all plugins enabled, and saved. that was mane problem. Still can not enable this plugins:

The Grove 5 tree generator
          BoxCutter
          BlenderGIS
          Modeling Cloth

Comment

hello its me again, looks like linux problem, lots of these plugins uses NUMPY module, that somehow can not import or whatever, i am using kubuntu 17.10

Comment

looks like the last build 2018 02 15 that showing render preview, becaus all 2018 02 16 - 2018 02 25 builds have segmentation foult if rescaling render preview window and it is not showing any preview result.

Comment

Working...
              X