X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Material Preview Option

Hello everyone,

maybe someone can help me.

I started my V-Ray for Blender Trial today but somehow the option in the Renderengine tab "V-Ray (material preview)" is missing.

Also in the Material section the preview window is completly black.

Normal render works fine.

I'm on Windows 10 using

V-Ray Standalone version 3.60.04 for x64

Blender (With V-Ray Additions) 2.79.4

Kind regards

Patrick

Preview could be slow. Things to try:
    1. preview widget resize.
    2. check log for errors.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Same here. I have no material preview ( Cycles and internal work fine ). In previous versions of Blender i've discovered that image textures stored in folders named with special characters, like "?" or any other language-specific characters, were rendering black. Material preview stores its data in C:\Users\... folder. This folder is translated in Explorer to system language. Maybe that's the cause ? I don't know, i'm just guessing...
      Anyway the problem exists with the latest versions of License Server and nightly build. I hope this would be fixed soon.

Best Regards,
      Marcin.

P.S. On Ryzen 7 1800x preview should not be slow

Comment

Hi. I have the same issues with the material preview but also I can't get anything rendered with V-ray, although I have followed the instructions from the installation and initial setup guide. I'm using vrayblender35-2.79-6164035 and trial version of vraystd_trial_36004.
        Any help would be appreciated
        Thanks!

Comment

Try to render with lower resolution. Trial version has a limited frame size. Set frame to 1920x1080 pixels and lower the % slider. Start with 10%. You should see a rendered image now.

Comment

liquidstudio , thank you for the advice! However I have missed to install the License server , which is eye-pokingLY obvious if one looks at the blender console for errors
            "V-Ray (material preview)" is still missing though

Comment

zrory The renderer "V-Ray (material preview)" has been removed and "V-Ray" has material preview enabled.

Comment

Working...
              X