Plugin will not render...anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin will not render...anything

I am considering purchasing V-Ray and I just downloaded the latest highly + 30 day trial. I installed the standalone and then the Blender (with VRay). I go in to render a simple cube or any project and I get absolutely nothing on the screen. The rendering goes for about one millisecond then stops, gives me no messages and it just blank.

Also, when following the instructions I was under the impression that there would be a V-Ray (Material Preview) option and I don't get that either. I get only V-Ray in my options. I'm finding this incredible difficult if somebody could help you would be my hero!

I'm on a Mac by the way if that helps. I really want to learn V-Ray...but if I can't get this to work at all then I clearly can't even use it.

Have you installed the license server? Is it running? Start Blender from terminal and check for errors.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

I just followed the directions and I did not see anything about a that. I followed this: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ck+Start+Guide

I don't think I installed any separate license server.

Is there a walkthrough document you can point me to? Maybe the links I used were old? I haven't had time to retry again, since it was so confusing and took me hours of playing around with no success.

I noticed that on this page is just says "Available Soon" for the trial - is something new coming up?: https://www.chaosgroup.com/download-free-trials

Also one more question. I use Rhino as well, but I prefer Blender for my final renders. I was originally going to get V-Ray for Rhino, but is the Blender version the same in functionality? I see videos for all the amazing new features in V-Ray for Rhino, but it's tough to find anything on V-Ray for Blender.

Comment

Sorry bdancer for my overly long question. I am completely new at this, so it's a lot of information. I ended up fixing it eventually Thanks for your work on this and keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
        X