Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.77 -> 2.79 How to?

Hi everyone,

Today I decided to try with new build of Blender 2.79, but after installation I noticed, that all old scenes give different render results. All material nodes work-flow has changed. When I put texture into socket I have extra color and % control, but why? Is there any method to convert old blend 2.77 files to 2.79 to achieve the same render result? Do you have the same experience?
    To give you scale of my problem:

1. I have more than 1000 3d models base with BlenderForVray materials, so with 2.79 I have to change all materials inside.
    2. since 2014 I use Blender only to commercial work and sometimes customer would like change something in old projects, so after transferring 2.77 to 2.79 this will impossible. Of course I can keep old blender, but see point 1.

Best regards!
    Last edited by kontrolermpl; 21-09-2018, 01:33 AM.

Maybe you could do a quick test with JuhaW's material converter tool. It might help rebuild materials with textures, but it might also overwrite other node setups. Might be worth a try since it may be easier to fix a few special nodes and batch convert everything else.

Comment

Working...
    X