Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added new BRDFHair4 into blender 2.79 v-ray blender version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added new BRDFHair4 into blender 2.79 v-ray blender version.

BRDFHair4.zip

Hi!

If someone needs here is updated version of V-Ray/blender python script that adds new BRDFHair4 material.

Unrar the file and place it into Vray-Blender/2.79./scripts/vb30/plugins_desc/BRDF

have fun!
    Last edited by haikalle; 30-01-2019, 09:30 AM.

Smth wrong with the attachment, may be .zip?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Yes there was something odd with rar, but looks like this zip file is working.

Comment

Thank you Haikalle, new hair works.

Model by RikSavage: https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/69006

Info about hair: https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/v-ra...ew-hair-shader
        Click image for larger version  Name:	8335786b2f.png Views:	1 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	1024892

Feeding melanin with gradient ramp.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	aa0e485224.png Views:	1 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	1024905
        http://puu.sh/CFe7j/aa0e485224.png
        Last edited by JuhaW; 31-01-2019, 12:05 PM.
        Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Looking nice. Remember that there is also Hair sampler that gives a lot of control for hair.

Comment

Haikalle, where did you get all those Hair4 material parameters and attributes and so on ?

Comment

In windows press "Start Menu" and select "Chaosgroup -> V-ray Standalone for x64 command prompt". Then you can see all standalone nodes when you write: plgparams.exe -list
              and then you can see specific params of node like this: plgparams.exe BRDFHair4

Chaosgroup has made it very easy to add those nodes into v-ray/blender. I have begun to write BRDFToonMtl but it takes a little bit time because there is a lot of params in that node.
              Last edited by haikalle; 02-02-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Hi I am having problems rendering hair, it only renders black. I have the hair node conected to a single material node which is conected to the Material Output node. Using CPU and not GPU. Material is applied to a Blender Hair Particle system (maybe I need to bake it to geometry?). Need help please. Thank you!

P.S. I have converted the particle system to geometry and applied the shader to the new hair and no matter what I try it renders black.
                Last edited by Txeroki; 05-08-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Keep it Hair particles.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	c6ba306a26.png
Views:	102
Size:	629.6 KB
ID:	1044686

Comment

Working...
                  X