Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Blender

Hi

I don't know where to ask this ... Sorry if it is not the good channel.

Well, with the last news I decided to move to Blender (2.. I own already V-Ray Next for modo and what can I do to move my V-Ray licence to Blender ?

Thanks for your answers
    Philippe
    Main computer : Threadripper 2990WX - 2 x GForce 1080 8Go - 1 GTX 1070 8Go - 64 Go
    Softimage 2015 x64 | Lightwave 2020 | modo v14

Hi

I guess you should contact ChaosGroup Support Team asking to have access to V-Ray/Blender nightlies builds.

But unfortunately V-Ray exporter is only avaliable for Blender 2.79 (old blender interface).
    There are some user requests in the forum for the exporter being updated to 2.8 but as far as i know there is no official statement (if is planned, in development or even if the project was abandoned).
    architect at oona

Comment

Hi Leandro

I have already access to Blender Nighties then I have nothing to do more ?
      Youre right its only 2.79.... I have to wait then, hope they will do something for 2.8

Main computer : Threadripper 2990WX - 2 x GForce 1080 8Go - 1 GTX 1070 8Go - 64 Go

Comment

Here on Blender forum we don't use word "HOPE" anymore

Comment

Originally posted by wireframeX View Post
          Hi Leandro
          I have already access to Blender Nighties then I have nothing to do more ?
          I guess no but be sure the exporter is finding where your vray executable is.
          There is some basic setup instructions here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ck+Start+Guide
          architect at oona

Comment

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
            Here on Blender forum we don't use word "HOPE" anymore
            lol....sometimes I feel we are like the snydercut fanboys...
            architect at oona

Comment

nothing but truth
              Last edited by kropaman; 30-07-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

We haven't heard any news from Chaos in a long time. Looks like they have abandoned Blender.
                Otoy just released a free version with fast ipr I suggest you try that. Also E-cycles is really good too.
                www.nikand.com
                3D Freelance

Comment

If I understand when V-Ray for Blender 2.8 will be available, do I need to buy a special render node for Blender ?
                  I already own a modo and Softimage License can move one to Blender ?
                  Phil

Comment

Everything you need is just to have a vray render node which contains vray standalone. But you too optimistic they only will start working on code for blender 2.80 in the end of this month but who knows when will be release maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                    X