Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 one month trial

Did you know about it ?
    I tested it and it works V-Ray for Blender 2.79+.
    Gpu render sun is visible and one new sky model and gpu light cache calculation.

If you want to use new sky model, you'll need to edit vb30/plugins_desc/light/SunLigh.json file. Add only "4 Improved thing".

Light mixer also: https://puu.sh/HtCRc.mp4

{
    "attr": "sky_model",
    "default": "3",
    "desc": "Selects the procedural model used to simulate the TexSky texture",
    "items": [
    [
    "0",
    "Preetham et al.",
    ""
    ],
    [
    "1",
    "CIE Clear",
    ""
    ],
    [
    "2",
    "CIE Overcast",
    ""
    ],
    [ "3", "Hosek et al", "" ],
    [ "4", "Improved", "" ]
    ],
    "type": "ENUM"

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	1108911
    Last edited by JuhaW; 29-03-2021, 11:50 AM.
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Thanks for testing this and the info about the sky model update. Any word on 2.8 compatibility?

Comment

Thanks for your constant effort, JuhaW.
      I stopped using Blender 2.79 since long ago. So, waiting for( ; ; ) 2.90+ version...

Comment

Oh boy, I hadn't been keeping up with Blender development, I see we're already at 2.92. Compare that to the sticky topics in this section of the forum and you can see just what care Chaos is taking of their (former) Blender customers.

Comment

I just have to say, Blender 2.9 is soooo good. Chaos folks - are you really giving up? Seriously - if we could get compatibility with Blender shader nodes and Vray nodes, I'd be in heaven. There is so much potential, it kills me that we don't seem to have a future with V4B.
          Last edited by andybot_cg; 31-03-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Blender 2.9+ is very nice. One thing I miss - Super Grouper addon, now because of collection system, its very frustrating quickly hide bunch of objects for rendering or viewport. With it in Blender 2.79, you can forget playing with layers.

Comment

Blender 2.9 is amazing, indeed. And I'm shocked that almost no serious render engine has been yet professionally ported to Blender 2.9x. It would be great if Chaos takes the lead in the market.

(By the way, JuhaW, thanks for pointing to the SuperGrouper addon!)
              Last edited by enrique.monzo; 31-03-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Collections is a HUGE step forward, I am really happy to ditch the old layers system. I'm finding Cycles and denoiser are really quite good.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	d110-light-gray-panoramic.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	1109555

Comment

Nice image, Andy! I'm also currently using Cycles. The only thing I miss a lot in Cycles are caustic lights. Since Cycles has not bidirectional path tracing, the caustics are really poor.
                  And just to experiment with caustics, I tried LuxCoreRender (using Metropolis light transport), and the caustics (and glass material) are awesome!
                  But LuxCoreRender is far from production ready, at least regarding my needs (having post-production in mind).

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
                    Collections is a HUGE step forward, I am really happy to ditch the old layers system. I'm finding Cycles and denoiser are really quite good.
                    Even if Vray gets eventually updated, it's still going to be less productive than Cycles because right now it doesn't even have a proper way of handling texture/material previews let alone a decent live preview.

Having to eyeball shaders or light reflections every time gets old really quick.

Funny how an allegedly professional tool can actually slow things down.

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
                      Did you know about it ?
                      I tested it and it works V-Ray for Blender 2.79+.
                      Gpu render sun is visible and one new sky model and gpu light cache calculation.
                      Very interesting JuhaW, may I ask which version 5 product you tried? V-ray standalone/V-ray for blender no longer appear among them. Has it been replaced by the V-ray render node now? I'd like to try it out myself. Somehow, and no matter how far Blender 2.92 has come and how good it is nowadays, something inside of me still lingers on the V-ray for blender promise.... lol....
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	interior_09_filtered.jpg Views:	0 Size:	972.5 KB ID:	1110901
                      Last edited by afecelis; 15-04-2021, 06:50 PM.
                      Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

I downloaded V-Ray 5 Standalone, update 1.1 (Zip) Official release · Mar 25, 2021
                        Now there is update 1.2.

Comment

I downloaded V-Ray 5 Standalone, update 1.1 (Zip) Official release · Mar 25, 2021
                          Now there is update 1.2.
                          Excellent! I just found it! Thank you!
                          Downloading and testing. Let's hope they implement it for blender 2.9x This is a huge update in renderingpossibilities from the previous 3.x standalone.

Ps. I installed it and it works great! It's amazing! even with blender 2.79! I'm upgrading my standalone 3X version.
                          Last edited by afecelis; 16-04-2021, 05:53 PM.
                          Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

Now there is update 1.2.
                            JuhaW are you on Windows or Linux? It worked fine on Windows, but I just dual-booted into Linux and although it’s the same machine and it installed fine, Vray blender wasn’t able to find it. Version 3.71 works ok though.

Comment

I have Win7. Did you install V-Ray Standalone Linux version ?

Comment

Working...
                              X