Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick tool to visualise sky rotation

Hi
    I wanted to quickly see what my sky background texture will look like with particular rotation. So I setup a simple .blend which you can append a group from.
    It contains a sphere unwrapped for 360' skies and a controller empty, which has some simple constraints so that the Z rotation of the controller == the rotation to input into the vray world texture. I couldn't be bothered to manually think of the translation.

To use;
    -Append the group from the attached .blend
    -Select the empty/controller object and position just in front of camera origin. (See the blend file for what I mean by in front of the camera)
    -Scale the empty so that it is behind any objects.
    -Select the sphere from the outliner, assign sky texture to faces in UV editor.
    -Go textured view
    -Rotate the skyController Z axis to get desired sky composition. You must use transform in 3d view or a constraint will not apply!

-Add the sky texture for Vray world/Dome, set the horizontal rotation to exactly what the skyController empty has in it's Z rotation.

-The objects are turned off for render so don't worry about that.
    -Yes you can view hdr textures in blender viewport.

-Enjoy!

[attachment=0:g3ty8arr]skyRotation.blend[/attachment:g3ty8arr]
    Btw it is setup for multitexture view, it will not show in GLSL view. If you want to use GLSL view remove the transparency from the sphere material.
    Attached Files

Re: Quick tool to visualise sky rotation

Very clever solution, Rhys, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Good solution,
      I will try. Thanks man

Comment

thank you ..

Comment

Really Helpfull

Thnx

Comment

Working...
          X