Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samplerate pass + Layered Materials

Hello,

since I can't find anywhere else to ask this, I do it here.

1) Is there a possibility to get the samplerate pass out of Vray 2.0 using Vray Blender 2.73? I can not find a corresponding render channel node in the "Add" -> "Render Channels" menu.

2) Is is possible to use Falloff or VectorCurve nodes as weights in the Layered BRDF Node? For example, if I want to weight materials by angle, so that a coating material is less visible at low viewing angles.

Thanks in advance!

1. Render Channels -> Color Channel -> Samplerate
    2. Yes. Share your setup and I'll check whats going wrong. Also check this thread for Falloff+Vector usage.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick reply (as always).

1) Found it.
      2) After you confirmed it I played around with it some more. I got it to work eventually (see attachment [ATTACH=CONFIG] for an example setup[/ATTACH]). I already had it working with reflectivity, but that simply required the color output of the falloff node. Can you explain what the differences of the outputs of the node are? I.e. when do you have to use color, out intensity or output (the colors do not help in this case since I have to connect a yellow node output to a grey node input...that's why I didn't succeed at first).

Thanks again, I only recently switched to the new blender build and it offers SO much more than vb25. Great!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X