render speed test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render speed test

Today before to install version 3.3 of vray I rendered an image.

render time 4min 46 second.

After I installed vray (330049) and I also installed the latest version of Blender and updated the exporter

result; 5min 19 sec ...

what happened??

I had read that I would have a reduction of render times, but the opposite has happened ....
    any suggestions ???
    thank you

It's difficult to say without a scene; can you post it here or send to support@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I can not post the file that I used in the test because private end unfortunately I did not have made other test render.

why the screenshot says vray 3.25.01, it is correct?

when I installed the latest version of vray I have not uninstalled the old version but I do not know if this is the correct procedure
      Attached Files

Comment

some idea?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
          I uninstalled and reinstalled vray.
          Now I note the following issues;
          1 at the bottom left corner there is no longer the indication with the vray version and render time. ( pressing the apply button stamp)
          2 sometimes in scene the material change settings
          3 the mash light material does not work anymore.
          could you tell me what has changed to create a mash light.

thank you

Comment

same here, time stamp is gone, now pres percent icon next to right and in window you find render time if urgent

Comment

1. Fixed with https://github.com/bdancer/plugins_d...1f3a93b9ef7fa8
              2. Sometimes?
              3. Fixed with https://github.com/bdancer/plugins_d...3887a84c95f86f. You could also uncheck "Disable Self-Illuminatino" under Globals.

Btw, Light BRDF is not a mesh light:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	vb30_mesh_light_vs_brdf_light.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	860139
              V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
              andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
              Support Request

Comment

Hi and thanks.

2;
                sure, this morning came out 2 different render without changing anything in the scene. It is not the first time it happens. Now I downloaded the latest version of blender_vray .. hopefully good ..
                Also today, a duplicate an object and I modified slightly (deleted a part thereof). In the render he gave me a completely different result compared to the original. I checked texture mapping 10 times and was perfect mapped so I did this operation several times end the material looks always incorrect.
                I really do not understand ...

I remember a light object as attached. Maybe I do not remember very well.....
                Attached Files

Comment

2. So, what are the changes? How could I reproduce it? I've recently changed a lot of default values for all V-Ray plugins.
                  Support Request

Comment

o yes with the latest version of blender Light BRDF works as before ... thanks (until yesterday he created a black material also enabling GI)

2; I 'm not able to reproduce the error ..next time I will attach the file.

at the link there is a blender file to download. Can you tell me yours calculation times.I would compare my results with yours. http://dropcanvas.com/vjm2m
                    My pc i7-4771 cpu 3.50GHz 16GB

Many thanks

Comment

Hello..
                      I ask the friends here on the forum if you have problems like me.
                      the situation is quite frustrating since I installed the latest version of vray and blender.

I have the following problems.
                      * I works all day long on a project and then suddenly changes the final render (usually after a crash).
                      FOr example Tuesday in a project he always render a yellowish image (I thought it was the inclination of the sun). then crash. In the evening I open blender and blender render a clean image how I wanted .Last night blender crash so I restart blender and press f12. the image is yellow again. Today crash and the image is ok .

Because crashes ?? usually when I start an animation end blender stop to work.

BDANCER asked me a file but it is useless because the file may work properly (then there are the texture and do not know how to attach them at the blend file)

Finally today I downloaded the latest version of Blender and does not update the exporter ...

oooo .. what's going on ...

Comment

blendervrayf, nightly builds are called nightly because they could contain issues. Use stable versions then.
                        Support Request

Comment

I didn't know.
                          I thought they were updates.

Comment

Official updates are uploaded to the main website http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/index.html.
                            And we'll find out the reason of the slow down.
                            Support Request

Comment

thanks for support

I downloaded the official version from here http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downl...=v-ray-blender Blender2.73
                              and I turned on vray render.
                              *The problem is that the materials remained always blacks even in preview.
                              So I re-installed a version that I had previously used without problems (2.74-4).
                              Now everything seems to be working well. The animations are successful and the images are consistent with the settings.

About the render times;
                              the file that I posted was rendered in 2 minutes and a few seconds while yesterday more or less 10 -11 minutes.

The old file (the one with grass) in 5 minutes and 3 seconds while the render before installing the latest version of vray in 4; 46 seconds ... but ..... I notice small differences in the final image. Maybe when I took the file to make the first test I increased some parameters in GI.

so I'm sorry for the whole situation, but I thought that by downloading the latest version was doing the right thing

thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                              X