Cube mapping and resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cube mapping and resizing

I come from Blender/vray 2.7, now to 2.77. For archviz I used Cube mapping for image textures, picking a cube object in the scene as reference. Scaling the textures I did with Tiling, adjusting the U and V parameters. In 2.77 I'm lost, I found both Cube and Generated Mapping but am unable to resize the image texture. How can I achieve this?

To clarify I have added a screenshot of the node setup. So far I have managed to setup a generated cubical image mapping, but can't find a way to scale the texture.

In Blender 2.70 I scaled the texture with U an V tiling, I spent a day doing this in 2.77 but can't find it
    Attached Files

Comment

Try using a Math/Transform node as input for "Tex Transform" slot.

But if you want to have the same texture size over objects with different scales I recomend disable "Object Space" checkbox and use another object like an empty or a 1x1x1 cube as reference in the "Uvw Transform" slot like described here:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	object_mapping.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	862025
      architect at oona

Comment

Thanks !! I had found out about the Object Select and Transform node, but was still hanging on to Cubic projecting vs. Triplanar.

Comment

Object select node is good if your materials scale are based on one object, scale that object and material mappings will be scaled also.
          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
          X