VB35 - Material Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
    Thanks buddies, great thread, I will try those.
    If you dont know you can use Material addon to save your materials, it saves material nodes. And if its not in your Blender addons_contrib folder, its here also:
    Hey i didnt knew that, i will surely try that.

thnx JuhaW

Comment

Thank you tari!
      Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

Perforated Metal

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/zic1anj2re...rated.rar?dl=0

Click image for larger version

Name:	Perforated metal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	867680

Comment

beautiful! Thank you Tari. Have you got a nice car paint material? (if it's not much asking)

regards,

Alvaro
          Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

I would recommend using GGX reflections for metal. Also, you have a mixmap and an invert node on your cutout map for your preforated material. You can do without both, there's an invert checkbox in the image file node. Also, for intensity maps, it's a good idea to change mapping to linear.

Comment

Originally posted by afecelis View Post
              beautiful! Thank you Tari. Have you got a nice car paint material? (if it's not much asking)

regards,

Alvaro

Alvaro - there's a carpaint node as one of the BRDF options.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
                Alvaro - there's a carpaint node as one of the BRDF options.
                Thank you Andy, I just ran into it

Comment

I would recommend using GGX reflections for metal. Also, you have a mixmap and an invert node on your cutout map for your preforated material. You can do without both, there's an invert checkbox in the image file node. Also, for intensity maps, it's a good idea to change mapping to linear.
                  Thnx Andi,

for your comments,i will try to correct
                  Last edited by tari_prashant; 07-05-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Plain Glass

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgqfqift9s...Glass.rar?dl=0

Click image for larger version

Name:	glass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	867706

Comment

Originally posted by tari_prashant View Post
                      Prashant, this isn't a correct node setup. The refraction doesn't work properly in this setting.

I'm glad you're excited to share your materials, but so far all of the ones you've shared have had one problem or another with the setups.

For basic glass, all you have to do is take a standard Vray material and change reflection and refraction to white instead of black. You can also adjust the fog color to a very light green/ blue with a small fog value (0.02 for example), and that's about it.

Below is what happens with your material when you render it in a window pane. (you can see the refractions are incorrect)

Andy
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by andybot_cg; 08-05-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Prashant, this isn't a correct node setup. The refraction doesn't work properly in this setting.

I'm glad you're excited to share your materials, but so far all of the ones you've shared have had one problem or another with the setups.

For basic glass, all you have to do is take a standard Vray material and change reflection and refraction to white instead of black. You can also adjust the fog color to a very light green/ blue with a small fog value (0.02 for example), and that's about it.

Below is what happens with your material when you render it in a window pane. (you can see the refractions are incorrect)

Andy
                        Hi Andi,

thnx for your corrections.

i will change the node setup as per your explaination & reupload the file.

Prashant

Comment

Working...
                        X