Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andybot's collection of Vray 3.5 for Blender shaders

Howdy Vray for Blender fans!

Over the years I've amassed quite a few node setups, a lot of them thanks to the tips I've received here. I am inspired by others who have shared their materials, so I'd like to do my part to help others new to Vray for Blender. Included are 44 different node setups for common architectural visualization materials. I concentrated mostly on procedural materials, a lot of metals in there. I have a few textured materials as well. You can modify those as needed with your texture maps. (For example, I only have 3 flooring examples, you can use the node setups as reference and replace with textures specific to your project.)

Here is the download link for the blender file and assets. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sfeevli6u...ByT-W4YOa?dl=0

The only things I didn't include are the OSL scripts, which can be found here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...L+Shaders+Home

The Blender file, textures folder, and renders are all in this dropbox folder. Make sure you have the textures folder in the same directory as the Blender file, I have all the files (except the OSL scripts as noted) mapped "relative". The renderings of the shader ball are just for reference, they are not needed for the Blender file. If you want to play with the file, there are a few things to note. I have several copies of the shader ball on different layers that you can hide and unhide based on which one you want to render. The materials are roughly categorized, and are attached to each shader ball. Only the first slot is rendered, so for whichever material you want to render, you can just select that material for the first slot. (If the materials are not attached to the mesh, Blender will removed the unused materials, but the Vray nodes will be left behind in the file.)

For those fairly new to Blender, the simplest way to bring materials into your project is to use the Append command (in the File menu dropdown). You can browse any Blender file, and select specific assets from within that file, in this case materials. Note, the rendertimes show the time it took on a single machine with an Intel i7-6850K processor (6 core, 3.6 GHz, multithreaded) That should help give a sense of how render intensive a particular shader may be.

If you have any questions or suggestions about any of the setups, let me know. Hope these are helpful for everyone, especially those wanting to try out Vray for Blender.

Best,

Andy
    Attached Files

Some more examples
    Attached Files

Comment

Thnx for sharing

Comment

Thank you very much Andy

Comment

Thanks a lot, Andy!

Comment

You're welcome guys! I welcome any feedback or suggestions.

Comment

Amazing! Thanks for the time put into this, and for sharing
              Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

Cool,Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thank you so much...

Comment

You're welcome! Happy to give back

Comment

I have updated the blend file in the dropbox link above. I fixed the bump mapped materials per poseidon4o's help in this thread: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/showth...en-CPU-and-GPU

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

You're welcome Edward_007!

I've updated the blend file yet again: For some reason many of my metals materials had a refraction IOR of 0.0, which messes up GPU rendering. I've corrected and replaced the file "andybot-mats6h-share.blend"

Comment

One more fix... Seems the color combine nodes in the "complex curves" materials was an old one and not supported in GPU. Now the complex IOR curves are working in GPU

Blend file in first post updated.

Comment

Thank you Andy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X