hdr lighting leaving white border line in alpha image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdr lighting leaving white border line in alpha image

I am using Hdr image to light the scene in blender but it creates a white line on the border of the image. I searched the internet for the fix i found this link http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/...t-1099363.html can i recreate this fix in blender or it is yet to be implemented.

What exactly is your setup? Invisible dome light (hemi) with a texture and using the same texture in the background? If that's the case you can render another pass with just the background and comp back in any package where in case you get the white pixels on the borders, you can unpremultiply the alpha of the files you're reading and then premultiply again after the last merge.
    In case you're not comping, you can just use the dome light as a background, which in turn will affect the alpha though.

What is it exactly that you're after?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Actually, it would be easier if you could share your scene files.

Thanks in advance.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	852124
        If you look at the image the blue box and the red sphere has a white outline 1pixel thickness.
        Here is a sample scene i used https://www.dropbox.com/s/iahn5iuubbh9m3a/test.blend

Comment

V-Ray usually premultiplies the alpha and that's the way it saves out images, as this is dealt with later in compositing.
          Is this the image straight out of V-Ray or does it come out of some compositing application?
          In any case - what is it exactly that you're trying to do. If you're going to comp, I suppose that it would be better to use openExr, as for when it comes to the technical explanation why regarding the alpha, I can try and dig up that information for you.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

I fixed the problem by disabling influence of environment backgroundClick image for larger version

Name:	hdrifix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	852126 .

Comment

Working...
            X