Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Render / Scene Settings editor type - UI suggestion

Dear Andrei,

I was changing some settings in blender using user preferences (Ctrl/Alt/U) and thought that this format of window would be a really tidy way to edit / update the global and render engine / scene settings.

I like the idea of a pop up window (triggered from a button or key combination) with 'pages' of settings instead of a long collapsing list. It would be like the user preferences window, but instead of Interface/Editting/Input etc... it would have Globals/ColorMapping/GI/Primary Engine/Secondary Engine etc etc.

Even if the settings stayed in the properties panel, but under buttons which changed the list of visible options, I think this would still make the panel more compact.

I understand that this may not be possible, but if it is, it would make scene setting easier. (I currently spend quite a lot of time scrolling through the settings).

Just an idea!

Rob

I understand that this may not be possible
    And unfortunately you understart this correctly - this is not currently possible =(
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thanks for looking at this, Andrei...

However, would it be possible to do this sort of thing under the properties panel? If you look at PropertiesPanel>Object>Duplication - here there are buttons like in the User Preferences. Could something like this formatting be used for making Scene / GI settings more compact?

Also, I understand this isn't a priority, but I do think it'd speed up setting up the scene and make it easier to navigate all the settings.

Thanks Again!

Rob.

Comment

Well I could do smth like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb30_panel_groups.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	853970

What do other guys think?
        Support Request

Comment

That looks so good. Its got to be faster to navigate settings.

Only thing I'd do, is put the big 'Render Button' above the buttons (always visible).

Also, there are quite alot of sections. Would there need to be more buttons?

R

Comment

Would there need to be more buttons?
            I thinkg yes, I'll play around with the layouts a little =)
            Support Request

Comment

Ok, update exporter then you'll find an option at the "Exporter" panel "Group Render Panels". Check how it works for you.
              Support Request

Comment

Hi Andrei,

This is great. On a large screen (1440 px tall) I can see all my settings for separate panels without having to scroll at all, and that is with all the sections expanded. This will make life alot easier setting up scenes. Hard to explain, but this feels 'right', before it felt really difficult.

Thanks Again! .

Rob.

Comment

This looks like a good idea, I'll have to try it out

Comment

Nice UI cleanup!
                    Thanks!
                    architect at oona

Comment

Hi Andrej,

The UI proposal is simply great! Keep up the good work, and thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X