Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering a large number of files

Hello,

I've a problem. I create 100 renders of one scene with different model. One render takes 12 min. So now I must 100 times per 12 min opening new file and saving render.
    Maybe there is a application or some function or script in Blender to atomize this process? For example I put all files to specified catalogue, and Blender take file (one by one), export to Vray. Some of application monitor Vray process and saving render with blend file name. Please let me know if it is possible with this way or other.

Best Regards

I'm not aware about existing solutions, but you could use 2 scripts like this (the first script will execute the second inside Blender to setup some values and start render):
    vb30_batch_directory.py
    vb30_batch_directory_render.py

You'll need to install python in order to use them.

Usage is smth like this:
    Code:
    python.exe vb30_batch_directory.py --blender=C:/path/to/blender.exe --dir=c:/path/to/blendfiledir/
    You could add --test option to check what script will do before the actual usage.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

I try, but I don't know what I must exactly do. Can you write instruction step by step? Or maybe this instruction is somewhere. I just installed python 3.4.3. The second script worked right in blender. But first script give me an error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	855970

And I don't know where pasted this commend:

python.exe vb30_batch_directory.py --blender=C:/path/to/blender.exe --dir=c:/path/to/blendfiledir/

I know that this can be trivial, but no for me.
      BIG Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Hello Everybody!

Bdancer help me to automatize render process. See this link below:

https://github.com/bdancer/vb30/wiki...d-Batch-Render

This is easy way to put many files into one folder and render one by one during one night for example. This script make our job easier. ENJOY!

Comment

One more thing - to see your render in vfb please update your exporter.

Comment

Working...
          X