Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falloff map "curves graph"

Hey everyone,

So I'm looking at one of the free tutorials that Grant Warwick made for creating advanced textures in Vray and if possible, would like to follow along in using Vray for Blender. One thing I would really like to have is the ability to edit the curves graph similar to how he is doing it in this screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReflectFalloff.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	881844

Vray for Blender has a Falloff node, but within the node there doesnt appear to be a way to edit the RGB curves like in this screenshot. I did however find the curves node that you can link up to the "Explicit Dir" connection, but it doesnt appear to do anything. Is it possible to change the Falloff map like this in Blender for Vray? Or is there at least a workaround to achieve this? Ive searched the forums but all I come across are people who are using 3ds max anyway.

Thanks!!

I guess we'll have to see how the UI can be hooked up; otherwise the texture plugin for the curves is already a part of V-Ray.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You need to attach "Curve" node to the "Blend Input", check this topic for a few examples. Note that only 0.0-1.0 part of the curve widget is used.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

oh cool That's good to hear!! I guess now my only "wish" is that there be handles on this graph. I noticed on the "wrench" button on the Curves node there are 2 options that mention handles, but I can't get them to do anything.

Really excited to know I'll be able to use this though!!

Comment

This is the standard Blender node, unfortunately I can't change its behavior.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

hah it's okay, I figured that was the case. Maybe this is a suggestion I should make on a general blender thread somewhere! The node is powerful but a few minor tweaks on the blender side would make BfV so much better!

Comment

Im using a method similar to vray for maya users.

Connect the Facing Ratio of a Sampler node to the Input Value of a Remap node. Adjust the color ramp of the remap node according to the values taken from refractiveindex website and then flip it (press the double-arrow) and connect it to reflection color of the material!

Comment

Working...
              X