Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object properties, vrayproxies

Dear Andrei,

Its been a long time since I've been on here. I went to the "other" software, and was disappointed!! Just recently, I downloaded the latest build and its amazing!! I love the work you've done on the materials like simplified material textures and adding material ids to the nodes, everything is so robust and efficient.

There is one thing that would be a great improvement though...

I use proxy objects alot for cars and trees etc. Sometimes, I need to duplicate a proxy object for a car model and change just the car paint material. If I do this, both cars render with the same paint colour - ie if a proxy object is duplicated, the materials are taken only from the copied object. Would it be possible for the object tree and nodes to be duplicated as 'real' copies instead of 'linked' as this would mean that the materials could be changed on copies of the proxy without over-riding all of them

My current workaround is to copy the object nodes for each proxy, delete the node tree, make a new node tree and paste in the nodes for each copy of a proxy object.

Hope this makes sense.

Rob

Could you pls show me a sample of your node setup and material? I think you just need to keep your material slots on object level not data, this way you could easily have different materials even with the same object node tree.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Hi Andrei,

I always use model for proxy materials, please see a capture from my screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	857849

Even if a material is changed on one proxy, it only uses the original proxy's materials...

Rob

Comment

Well then it looks like a bug, thanks for the post!
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

This works on latest build, It worked about 2months ago also, maybe something happened between that period.Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot281.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	857856
          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
          X