VRmat node material selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRmat node material selection

I have basic material: Image file texture > Standard material > Round edges > Material output.
    When I save it with node tools to .vrscene and load back with VRmat node, it shows 3 options. Is it possible to show only one option per material ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot309.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	882965
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

That's not possible, all of this materials could be used as a material so script could not guess which exactly you want to use. I'll think of some sort of workaround anyway...
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Yes I found that if I dont select round edges option, it will not render round edges. Is there a way to know which one to select that is identical than original material ?
      I made a script which uses your nodetools > export selected nodetree code, it saves all proxy object materials(with slot number) to single .vrscene file so I can later use Vrmat node to recreate original materials. Now when I load .vrscene file, it has like 4 materials, Vrmat node option has like 12 options

Comment

> Now when I load .vrscene file, it has like 4 materials, Vrmat node option has like 12 options

There is an option when importing vrscene so select the base of the material (e.g. which plugin to use as the material). You could check nodes/operators/import_file.py:150 ImportMaterials().
        Depending on it you could have more or less imported materials.
        Vrmat node menu simply shows all supported types.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Oh yes thats a good function, I will use that and basematerial standard. I will figure out how to add all imported materials to corrects slots (for proxy use). Thanks a lot !

Comment

Before saving nodetrees, I changed one node name before material output node so I recognize it later as original material. And when importing materials back I took all three standard, multi and wrapper types to make sure original material is there. Little bit complicated
            I dont know is it correct but seems that original material node block is always the last block of each materials of the .vrscene file.

Comment

Working...
            X