Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version Guide

Hi,

i am Damir and i work with Blender for 2 years now. Prior i worked a lot with 3DS Max and Vray (1.4 to now).
    Ocassionally i do jobs with the Blender for Vray and i have to say its in a quite good shape. I could finish all my jobs
    But there are things i whish in terms of getting started properly (expecially after some pause from Blender for Vray)
    Versions:
    I am confused which version of the exporter is working with which Vray standalone Version
    Every (couple) days there is a new Blender build and i am not sure whether i should risk updating or not. Is there a A Changelog anywhere ? That would help me decide.

A not so current Current broken/missing featurelist would be good. Would help me to decide whether starting the Project in Blender for Vray is a good idea.

May be i just oversee where all this is.
    I understand that this might add time to the development process and if there are processes which need manual writing of logs/Tutorials/wiki i could think of volunteering for that.

yours
    Damir

> I am confused which version of the exporter is working with which Vray standalone Version

Blender just exports scene to the vrscene file that is then rendered with V-Ray Standalone. Basically you could use any version of Standalone, of course if some plugin is missing you'll get a error message in the log and probably you'll have to upgrade V-Ray.

> Is there a A Changelog anywhere?

We don't have a separate changelog but you could check what commit has been pushed to the sources: https://github.com/bdancer/blender-f...r_blender/vb35
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thank you @bdancer for the commits list.

I think it's fine to check the bug hunting and development

Comment

The Commitlog is totally fine. Didnt think of it.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X