Production rendering on GPU roadmap and some blender questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production rendering on GPU roadmap and some blender questions

Hi I'm currently testing the vray for blender trial. I'm happy that there's such an efficient renderer available for blender . I don't mind rendering stills on the cpu but I'm also interested on rendering animations on the GPU. I would like to know if you guys have some sort of roadmap for the upcoming GPU features. I plan to buy a license but I'd like a little more information if you could share it please. Here are some of the features that I'd like to know about in regards to their possible future availability on GPU Production Rendering.

Alsurface shader (or skin shader)
    Vraymtl (Dispersion and glossy fresnel)
    Textured Volume Support (Smoke, Fire and Dust)
    Caustics Support for GPU or (Can caustics be baked into Light Cache?)
    VrayFastSSS2 (Glossy fresnel) (So that the included reflection layers can be used and I wouldn't have to blend a vraymtl for reflection)
    Procedural and color corrected images for bump maps on production gpu
    VrayDirt (What is the limitation?)
    GPU Bucket rendering (From what I understand bucket uses less memory, or Is the extra memory in GPU progressive mode from RAM and not VRAM?)
    Cryptomatte
    I tried the soft box texture and it didn't work on gpu. When i switched to cpu it worked. This might just be a bug because according to the supported features it's supposed to work.

Blender specific
    IPR
    Hair Geometry extra attributes on blender (min pixel width and dynamic hair tessellation)
    How can I see the render statistics in blender? I tried the render stamp but I couldn't get the ram and vram stamp. I was only able to get the "vray core version" and "render time" stamps.

Thanks in advance.

I can speak for the GPU render kernel itself.

We are supporting procedural and color corrected textures for bump, fast sss2 (use this instead of alsurface), dirt (doesn?t have include/exclude lists) for long time now.

In V-Ray GPU Next kernel we have added support for volumes (Phoenix FD or any other with openVDB) and glossy fresnel (see full list below). The engine itself manages memory well and bucket rendering would not change that a lot, but we are looking into it for different reasons (deep images, cryptomatte, better scaling with many computers).
    You can see full list for Beta1 here https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+1+for+3ds+Max
    Keep in mind that this is not the full list for the official release, since we will add more stuff with the next Beta versions, before the official one.

We have not yet started looking in dispersion or better caustics.

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Thanks. I'm happy to see the release notes of vray next, in particular the speed improvements, volume and glossy fresnel.

Comment

Working...
      X