This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ and Troubleshooting

Here are the answers to some of the questions that are most likely to arise as well as some quick fixes for problems that may appear during testing:
    • I installed V-Ray but I don’t see the V-Ray menu or anything V-Ray related?
      Make sure that you have the latest updates for your Cinema 4D version installed.
    • Will my old V-Ray version work alongside V-Ray 5?
      V-Ray 5 isn’t compatible with V-Ray 3.7 and it’s not recommended using both on the same Cinema 4D version.
      Alternately you can copy your Cinema 4D version to another drive and install the archive version of V-Ray 5 and both V-Ray 3.7 and V-Ray 5 on the same Cinema 4D version and keep your current production environment. More information on how to install the archive version of V-Ray 5 could be found here
    • What will happen to my previous V-Ray version when I install the new one?
      Upon install, you will be asked if you want to uninstall or keep the previous V-Ray version. Keeping the old version will prevent V-Ray 5 from loading due to incompatibility between both.
    • Can I open existing V-Ray 3.7 with V-Ray 5?
      Yes, there is partial conversion of legacy V-Ray 3 when the scene is opened in V-Ray 5. More information about this could be found in this topic
    • I see V-Ray and V-Ray GPU as render engines what does this mean?
      In the past, the GPU rendering inside V-Ray was known as CUDA and OpenCL. To make it more intuitive and easier to understand, we renamed the two engines to V-Ray which refers to the CPU rendering engine and V-Ray GPU which refers to the GPU rendering engine.
    Last edited by shaio; 28-09-2020, 04:45 AM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Vray FVB to C4D Picture Viewer...?
    Picture Viewer does not show the render file.

VFB Setting, appears at the back... not top of the windows.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by iacdxb View Post

VFB Setting, appears at the back... not top of the windows.

Thanks.
      Hi,
      we still have some polishing to do for VFB2 on macOS, and fixing the VFB settings window's position is one of them. Thank you for the feedback.

Originally posted by iacdxb View Post
      Vray FVB to C4D Picture Viewer...?
      Picture Viewer does not show the render file.
      To render an image inside the Picture Viewer you will need to use the standard Cinema 4D render button and if you want to render inside VFB2 you need to use the Start Production Rendering from the V-Ray Menu. We will keep this behavior until we finish integrating V-Ray's file output system in Cinema 4D.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post

Hi,
        we still have some polishing to do for VFB2 on macOS, and fixing the VFB settings window's position is one of them. Thank you for the feedback.

To render an image inside the Picture Viewer you will need to use the standard Cinema 4D render button and if you want to render inside VFB2 you need to use the Start Production Rendering from the V-Ray Menu. We will keep this behavior until we finish integrating V-Ray's file output system in Cinema 4D.
        Thanks for update.

Comment

Is it possible to install R5 on a C4d version and keep R3,7 on an older C4d version?
          I have R3,7 installed on C4d R19 and now I am going to upgrade to S22. Can I keep the current installation and install R5 on S22 without losing the old one?

Comment

Originally posted by Pperezu View Post
            Is it possible to install R5 on a C4d version and keep R3,7 on an older C4d version?
            I have R3,7 installed on C4d R19 and now I am going to upgrade to S22. Can I keep the current installation and install R5 on S22 without losing the old one?
            Yes it’s possible, you can even install 3.7 and 5 on the same C4D release, here is a tutorial I’ve made a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkxtldLvhG4
            3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
            www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
            @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X