Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Tip: Get help on V-Ray's settings and parameters directly from Cinema 4D's UI

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Tip: Get help on V-Ray's settings and parameters directly from Cinema 4D's UI

Hello everyone,

here is a quick tip on how you can use the native Cinema 4D links to reach V-Ray's documentation. This is especially helpful when you're wondering what specific parameters do or how to use them.

With the right mouse button (RMB) click on a parameter and select Help. As soon as this is a V-Ray parameter you will be redirected to a page where you can find a description for this parameter. You can do this everywhere materials, lights, render settings, render elements etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	help_links.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	1085889
    Last edited by shaio; 28-09-2020, 11:47 AM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Im so glad this info is so much more quicker to find, and thank you for the animated gif!

Comment

OMG, that is awesome!

Comment

Hi shaio, just a heads up: The new tools (plus a few others) don't seem to link to the correct help pages. Specifically:

V-Ray Particles: All parameters link to docs.chaos.com/display/VC4D/V-Ray+for+Cinema+4D+Home
        V-Ray Enmesh: All parameters link to docs.chaos.com/display/VC4D/V-Ray+for+Cinema+4D+Home
        V-Ray Decal: All parameters link to Maxon help homepage

Also

Mesh light: links to rectangle light in docs. (not a big issue I know, but still)
        V-Ray Bake Object: All parameters link to docs.chaos.com/display/VC4D/V-Ray+for+Cinema+4D+Home

Comment

Hello KernitTheFont,

Thanks for noticing and letting us know. I have reported this for fixing (ID: VC4D-1679) and I will let you know once the links are fixed.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Hello KernitTheFont,

Please note that this issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest stable builds. You can download and install it from here. Thank you.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X