Vray fur in Vray 5 missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray fur in Vray 5 missing

I noticed there is no vray fur tag in the beta release of Vray 5.

Will this feature be available in one of the upcoming updates or we should look for some alternative solution?

I'm sure there are still some things missing and not yet implemented, but Vray does a great job with C4D hair which we've been using for a while!

Comment

I noticed there is Hair next material available. Anyone tried it?

Comment

Hi,
        There is a separate forum for the beta of V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D and can post anything related to there. I'm moving this post to the correct forum and will answer your questions.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

I noticed there is no vray fur tag in the beta release of Vray 5.

Will this feature be available in one of the upcoming updates or we should look for some alternative solution?

I noticed there is Hair next material available. Anyone tried it?
          V-Ray fur will be coming in future updates and it is in our-to do list.
          You can use the V-Ray Hair Next material with the default the Cinema 4D Hair system. Just apply hair to an object and then assign the HairNext material to it.

Ivan Shaykov
          chaos.com

Comment

Hi All,
            I've made a rug with a C4d hair object and I've applied the Hair Next tag, but can you import an image to show a pattern through...and how would I go about it if it is possible?
            Any help much appreciated
            Thanks!
            Mark

Comment

Hi Shaio! As Mark TAVF was asking, is there a way to have a texture map drive the colors of the vray hair? I'm trying to create a rug with hair. Thanks!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian3D ,

not sure if this helps (since I'm jumping in the middle of the topic here), but make sure you raise the diffuse amount to a different value than 0.
                Attached Files

Comment

YunalZobu Thanks for the response! Not sure what I'm doing wrong?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've got the same issue, is it positioning of the tags or using the wrong tags or materials on the wrong object?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't work at my scene...

Comment

Working...
                      X