Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering with V-Ray 5

Dear Chaosgroup,

I dont know if its mentioned anywhere so I just ask straight.
    When using V-Ray 5 and distributed Rendering I get an Error in console under V-Ray:

[0h 0m 0.3s] [ERROR] Server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:20207 is using a different V-Ray version (1). Client V-Ray version is (50040). Server will be disconnected!

I assume our DR-Slave is of course suited for 3.7 V-Ray. Where do I get to download the version to use for V-Ray 5? Do I have (and is it even possible) to install two versions of V-Ray to use it with either 3.7 or 5?

Thx in advance!
    PdZ

Hi PdZ, the suitable version for DR rendering with V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D is included in the installation itself. If the machine has and will be used for Cinema 4D as workstation, you should just use the vray executable that is installed in the plugin directory of V-Ray. If you want to use a dedicated machine for DR rendering, you have to select Standalone installation from the V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D installation. This is explained in more detail here (check the Advanced options):
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...lation-Windows

Do I have (and is it even possible) to install two versions of V-Ray to use it with either 3.7 or 5?
    It is possible to have more than one V-Ray standalone installations with different versions, but it is important to start them as servers on different ports, and use the correct port when setting up the DR servers in Cinema 4D.

Regards,
    Deyan
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Dear Deyan,

that was a very important and helpful explanation. Thank you very much!

PdZ

Comment

deyan.hadzhiev Could you pls explain how to setup the port on Vray.exe ? I assume you deliver the arguments via Vray.exe-Shortcut. Is that right? How do you set up the argument for the port on the shortcut?+

Edit: I found it! Thx. (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...d+Line+Options)

Thx in advance!
        PdZ

Comment

Yes - the port is specified with the arguments passed to vray.exe. The easiest way to change the port of the started server is to change it in the shortcut properties - open the file location of the shortcut, and then modify the portNumber parameter in the shortcut target ([RightClick]->Properties->Shortcut tab->Target).
          I'm attaching two screenshots of the steps.

Edit: Just to mention that if you change the original shortcut and then reinstall V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D your changes will be lost. So if you want to keep the different port shortcut for longer - it is best to copy the existing one and modify its name and properties.

Click image for larger version  Name:	start_menu.png Views:	0 Size:	290.7 KB ID:	1096101
          Click image for larger version  Name:	shortcut_port.png Views:	0 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	1096102
          Attached Files
          Last edited by deyan.hadzhiev; 16-12-2020, 07:55 AM.
          Deyan Hadzhiev
          Developer
          chaos.com

Comment

Hi,

I did exactly that. Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X