Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 questions

Dear Chaosgroup,

V-Ray 5 is alot different to V-Ray 3.7 so I just have some questions and I think answers to that help anyone:
    • I see theres no Irradiance Map/Photon Map Solution anymore, is that right?
    • What about flickering and noise when using Brute Force or Light Cache as Secondary Solution (I know: Brute Force is always First Solution)?
    • Do all "old" Proxies work with V-Ray 5 which are made out of V-Ray 3.7?
    • Iam still not understand "Universal" Rendernodes and that 20% off Offer till january. What about these rendernodes? In 3.7 you can use unlimited IPs in "using DR". Is this limited now?

Thx in advance!
    PdZ

Hi Pavel,

i can only tell on a few things that i have read here (:

irradiance map and photons are very outdated technologies, no one really uses that anymore, so they are gone

the new v5 lightcache doesnt flicker normally (hashmap based) so i assume you can use it always, set LC sub to 3000 and retrace to 8 are the official recommendations (i actually render anims often just with the standard default most times)

i think old works but i also read that there will be soon an update to how proxies are made(probably handling of materials)

the universal render nodes are the nodes all vray uses. during the free transition license c4d had special render nodes free included ( i think it was 5 rd nodes, not unlimited) that only worked for c4d and the free migration license. if you want to upgrade them to the new real DR nodes you get 20%(you should have get a promo code via email for that, for more help or custom upgrade infos you can email us also to your shop: "shop_sales3dtools.info")

Comment

Hi Stefan,

thanks!

For Stefan only: (Ich heiße immer noch nicht Pavel )

TO the rendernodes:
      I have 7 V-Ray Licences. Currently rendering for example with Computer A (V-Ray Licence 1) and Computer B (V-Ray Licence 2).

Currently any Computer can use "infinite" amounts of Slaves.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Rendernodes.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1096237

Comment

sorry, i keep mixing you up with another use, pls forgive

i think in the old version you could add infinite ips in the list but not render via infinite

Comment

So in new V-Ray 5 this is different? How does it work?

Comment

You can find detailed info about setting up DR here

Comment

Nobody asked about setting up DR. I asked where is the difference now in DR Nodesystem? Do we have to pay for every DR-Slot in V-Ray now annually?

If thats the case: I will kindly stay with V-Ray 3.7 right now. Thats expensive.
              Last edited by PdZ; 20-12-2020, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PdZ View Post
                Nobody asked about setting up DR. I asked where is the difference now in DR Nodesystem? Do we have to pay for every DR-Slot in V-Ray now annually?

If thats the case: I will kindly stay with V-Ray 3.7 right now. Thats expensive.
                Hi,

If you want to use either Vray 5 or 3.7, the nodesystem will be the same. That is paying for each render node alone. Where I think that main license should at least cover 1GUI+rendering and 1 rendernode.
                Chaos gave us free nodes when the migration started. with Jan 13th, you will have to pay for each 7 nodes...
                I sympathize will all users who will have to switch from so many licenses - or they will just switch to another software.
                www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Working...
                X