Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightlies Vray5

Hello,
    Vray5 is already thousand times better than I expected.. Thank you for this!!
    Are you going on to release stable nightlies with new features step by step?
    And if so, do renderfarms like rebusfarm need always to update their nodes for every new feature..?

Hi,
    I'm also interested in this.
    haniel1107 Is rebus already V-Ray 5 (C4D) ready?

Comment

Originally posted by OhGott View Post
      Hi,
      I'm also interested in this.
      haniel1107 Is rebus already V-Ray 5 (C4D) ready?
      Not yet, but for max and maya they were really fast, hope for C4D, too...

Comment

haniel1107 fingers crossed! I would love to use V-Ray 5 in my upcoming animation project in January on rebus. Let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post
          Are you going on to release stable nightlies with new features and fixings step by step?
          And if so, do renderfarms like rebusfarm need always to update their nodes for every new feature..?
          And? Would love to know..

Comment

Are you going on to release stable nightlies with new features and fixings step by step?
            Yes, there are stable nightly builds, that will be gradually updated with fixes and small feature updates. They are located here https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/#/vray5c4d/stable
            They are not rebuilt every night, but only when there are applied changes, that is why there is only one build for now.

This is up to the renderfarms to decide. Note that the reported V-Ray version does not change in the stable builds, thus it is harder to differentiate between builds.
            Deyan Hadzhiev
            Developer
            chaos.com

Comment

Great, thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
                Yes, there are stable nightly builds, that will be gradually updated with fixes and small feature updates. They are located here https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/#/vray5c4d/stable
                They are not rebuilt every night, but only when there are applied changes, that is why there is only one build for now.

This is up to the renderfarms to decide. Note that the reported V-Ray version does not change in the stable builds, thus it is harder to differentiate between builds.
                Hello

Even they marked by December? I'm watching at release from 11.12.2020
                Last edited by ilay; 06-01-2021, 10:31 AM.
                I'm sorry for my English

Comment

Originally posted by ilay View Post

Hello

Even they marked by December? I'm watching at release from 11.12.2020
                  No, this version is unchanged. They will create folder with the actual date. Means there is no new stable version since official release right now.
                  This is how I understand it...you can see it when you look at max or maya folder...

Comment

Yes, there will be a new directory for each day a build is produced, with the directory name being the date of the build. There may be more than one build per day, although this is not common.

Means there is no new stable version since official release right now.
                    Actually, the build from December 11 is newer than the official release, but it has only a minor change over the release - we made the RGB channel buttons visible in the V-Ray VFB.
                    Deyan Hadzhiev
                    Developer
                    chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Deyan,
                      when do you think, we could expect updates?
                      Is there a priority order for fixings and missing features, which you could share?

I am personally interested in fixings for the UV Problems, Multi Instances, Presets/Library or the use of vertex maps..

Comment

Hello,
                        I've seen there is a first new build since release at the nightlies...

But, if there are fixes or new features you would mention it in the release notes, right?

"V-Ray for Cinema 4D (since build/30491 to build/30531)
                        ==============

No relevant changes"

Comment

Hi haniel1107, yes - all relevant changes will be mentioned in the release notes. Since they are automatically generated, sometimes changes regarding core features or fixes are not mentioned (as is the case with last night's build). I'll try to improve the generation to include more information about the fixes.
                          Deyan Hadzhiev
                          Developer
                          chaos.com

Comment

Hi Deyan, thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post
                              Hello,
                              I've seen there is a first new build since release at the nightlies...

But, if there are fixes or new features you would mention it in the release notes, right?

"V-Ray for Cinema 4D (since build/30491 to build/30531)
                              ==============

No relevant changes"
                              I saw that in stable builds, CGrp made support of scene nodes for vray proxy, nice! Need to to try

I can not see nightly builds

update

Sorry Chaos, right now i'm thinking to invest time and money to c4d native render(render nodes) and blender
                              Last edited by ilay; 17-01-2021, 11:51 AM.
                              I'm sorry for my English

Comment

Working...
                              X