materials / texures and export to Unreal / Chaos Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• materials / texures and export to Unreal / Chaos Vantage

Hello, I have big project to work final 2022. It is a big castle/palazzo with park and landscape. Maybe in the next month I will try to export to unreal, chaos vantage (maybe twinmotion). I must translate all the 3.7 materials from the parts are ready to vray5. The question for the future is: 1.) Should I use vray bitmap and not C4d filter; bake noises and other shaders in C4d ore is vrayc4dBake enough? Should I avoid C4D shaders? I will avoid to work with the materials again, if the export from C4dVray5 to VrayUnreal ore ChaosVantage is ready. 2.) For export in the next month it is better to have a copy with c4d materials and export this via fbx? I saw export via vrscene file to chaos vantage (formerly lavina project) is in the moment without textures.
    Sorry for my english - i hope it is possible to understand - andreas

Hi andreas_hummel ,
    Sorry for the delayed answer. Let me answer some of your questions.

1.) Should I use vray bitmap and not C4d filter; bake noises and other shaders in C4d ore is vrayc4dBake enough
    With V-Ray 5 you no longer need to use the VRayBitmap everywhere. It is recommended but not a must as it was before. The Cinema 4D bitmap is working fine as well. The Cinema 4D noises are supported natively so there is no need to bake them. Any shaders that are not supported natively will be baked automatically.

Should I avoid C4D shaders? I will avoid to work with the materials again, if the export from C4dVray5 to VrayUnreal ore ChaosVantage is ready
    If you are going to use the shaders inside Chaos Vantage or V-Ray for Unreal i would suggest avoiding them for now until we add support for them (baking or natively)

I saw export via vrscene file to chaos vantage (formerly lavina project) is in the moment without textures.
    Yes currently Chaos Vantage doesn't support scenes exported from V-Ray for CInema 4D.

For export in the next month it is better to have a copy with c4d materials and export this via fbx?
    Can you please give me some more details on this question, so I can better understand it?
    Last edited by shaio; 20-01-2021, 09:12 AM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

hello shaio,

thank you!

Can you please give me some more details on this questions so I can better understand it?

I have two projects, wich are relatively large and I must work on this the next years. One is a castle and big garden in three time shifts (1725/1838/1901). The other one is the oldtown of dresden. To make the textures new it is a little bit of work (also the biomekk shaders are no longer supported from C4d). I will avoid to make this multible times. When I will use a scene in Chaos Vantage ore Unreal I thought, that is a good way, to have the file withe simple C4D materials and I can export the models via FBX. With vray materials I think, it is currently impossible to export the model with textures. But when I can export the files with vray material around the second half of 2021, so I will wait and use then the full package from chaosgroup.

andreas

here is a Link to 360° panoramas from potsdam 1850 from us
      The project from Dresden is similar - I hope for 1989; 1930 and much earlier. Here the example from 2030
      In the future in real time???

Comment

"With V-Ray 5 you no longer need to use the VRayBitmap everywhere. It is recommended but not a must as it was before"

shaio, just for the record, as many say thisfor some reason, also in older vray versions the vraybitmap was no must but only optional (recommeded) also the c4d bitmap worked for render of course (also via DR)

that said, export to (vray) unreal and vantage will be a great addition

Comment

+1 for Unreal and Vantage export!

shaio Any thoughts on timeline for these at all?

Comment

Are Vraybitmap necessary for Distribudet rendering or should it also work with C4D materials?

Comment

During the alpha/beta testing I had no issues using standard bitmap with DR, so as far as I can tell materials should work fine also without Vraybitmap.
              3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
              NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
              www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
              @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Wohnraumdesign View Post
                Are Vraybitmap necessary for Distribudet rendering or should it also work with C4D materials?
                The use of V-Ray bitmap isn't necessary as it was with V-Ray 3.7. With V-Ray 5 this is optional, and you can use it only if you need something that the default Cinema 4D Bitmap doesn't provide.
                Ivan Shaykov
                chaos.com

Comment

+1 for Unreal and Vantage export!
                  that said, export to (vray) unreal and vantage will be a great addition
                  I need to clarify something here to avoid any misunderstanding for anyone that is going to read this post in the future.
                  The export is working fine in V-Ray 5 for Cinema and there are no problems with it. In the other products (Vantage, V-Ray for Unreal etc.) has to be added support to read the scenes coming from V-Ray for Cinema 4D.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. It is much appreciated.
                  Ivan Shaykov
                  chaos.com

Comment

shaio Thanks Shaio.

So I guess we need to understand the Vantage and Vray Unreal dev teams timelines, to see when these will be coming?

Comment

"Are Vraybitmap necessary for Distribudet rendering or should it also work with C4D materials?"

as in 3.x vraybitmap is NOT necesarry, it never was, only recommended as faster.
                      it was not needed before and is not in vray 5 needed, but in vray 5 you not need to click any option for it. (in vray 3 you needed the checkbox for c4d bitmap DR support in vray options,vray 5 makes this out of the box)

Comment

Originally posted by markTAVF View Post
                        shaio Thanks Shaio.

So I guess we need to understand the Vantage and Vray Unreal dev teams timelines, to see when these will be coming?
                        Yes this is correct.
                        Ivan Shaykov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                        X