Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 5 and forester

hello,
    is it just me or are there issues between vray 5 and forester?
    I experience very sadly:
    - the forester multicloner does not render anymore in vray 5
    - the materials from the forester packs don´t work anymore and are even impossible to convert with vray 5 anymore

​​​​​​​are these known issues? And how can I make it run again? In 3.7 it worked fine.

Cinema r20
    forester update from September 2020

any help best regards
    marek

If you have both versions on your PC, ... Create the trees with 3.7 and then import them to C4D with vray5,
    or create them with c4d standard render choosen (with expansion pack) and create the new vray materials by hand and replace them.

This helps me until vray is supporting presets again and until forester is supporting vray5.. Guess both could take time..

Comment

thank you for your quick answer.

I decided to deinstall vray 5 and stick to vray 3.7 untill:
      - vray 5 supports 3rd party multicloners
      - forester delivers additional vray 5 materials ( which they will soon )
      - vray 5 supports q-tile-pro natively.

vray 5 seems powerfull, but as long as the problems aren´t solved I stick to vray 3.7 which works exactly as I need it to.
      Best regards and nice christmas everyone....marek

Comment

don't choose Multi-Instance or Render-Instance

Comment

hej pardalis,
          tried it out, but it renders far far far too slowly with pure instances. Very annoying.
          practically I found it definbitely not usable with vray 5. So I better stick too 3.7 untill 3rd party multicloners are supported. I am hoping for and looking forward to the fixes, so I can use vray 5 aswell.
          best regards

Comment

Originally posted by pardalis View Post
            don't choose Multi-Instance or Render-Instance
            Hello pardalis ,

Can you elaborate what are the issues that you experience with the multi-instances? Would you be able to share a scene so we can have a look?
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hi,
              not about forester, but another issue...
              When I choose Multi Instances on this simple scene, one sphere is missing...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello haniel1107 ,

This seems like a bug and I have reported it to our developers (bug ID: VC4D-749). I will keep you updated as we have more information.
                Aleksandar Kasabov
                chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post

Hello pardalis ,

Can you elaborate what are the issues that you experience with the multi-instances? Would you be able to share a scene so we can have a look?
                  Hello aleksandar.kasabov,

the problem is actually pretty simple: the multicloner objects don't render (i.e. are not existing to V-Ray) in instance-modes "render-instance" and "multi-instance". I attached a scene for you to have a look.
                  Furthermore another problem to mention is, that the multicloner objects only render successfully in instance-mode "instance", if you uncheck the multicloner option "display points" (i.e. have the cloner objects visible). Otherwise, V-Ray will not render any object of the multicloner. This is also the case, if you just hide the multicloner in the viewport. V-Ray is immediately loosing all the cloner objects.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by felix_brner; 10-01-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Hello,

It is in our to-do list to start working on the support of 3rd party plugins.

However, currently we cannot provide any timeframe for the support of Forester plugin.

We appreciate your patience on this.
                    Aleksandar Kasabov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Any information on progress about Multi Instances and or forester support?

Comment

Hello,

We don't have any updates on this yet. We will let you know once we have more information on the matter.
                        Aleksandar Kasabov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
                          Hello,

We don't have any updates on this yet. We will let you know once we have more information on the matter.
                          any news? could use it pretty much for an upcoming job, (like many other features and not working functions...)
                          Last edited by haniel1107; 25-02-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post

any news? could use it pretty much for an upcoming job, (like many other features and not working functions...)
                            We're working on it. When it's ready I'll post an update on the forums.
                            Ivan Shaykov
                            chaos.com

Comment

With other words I have to go back to Vray 3.7, right?

(Like for many other reasons, too...)

Comment

Working...
                              X