Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray5 and Alpha Channel

Hello,

i cannot rendering more than one Alpha-Channel. If i have more than one objekt all the other Alpha-Channels are black.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
    Cinema 4D R21
    Last edited by pardalis; 28-12-2020, 04:04 AM.

I think there may be a bug with the alpha channel in V5. For example, if you put a material with transparency over an opaque material, the opaque material will not show through. This is a big problem. You can see this in the attached C4D R23 file.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I solved my problem. In 3.7 each Object-ID channel has a different name, in Vray5 the Object-Select channel always has the same name. If I use different names for the Object Select channels, it works. Unfortunately there is no documentation about the small differences in operation between Vray3.7 and Vray5. I have to find out many things by trying out and comparing them, which often takes a long time.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Object-ID channel. Could you please elaborate on that?

Comment

In 3.7 each Object-ID channel has a different name
          Attached Files

Comment

you guys are not talking about the same...
            pardalis talks about multipass object ids
            it_refplus
            talks about adding/blending material tags with alpha maps. (which is not supported yet, as it seems)
            Last edited by index; 30-12-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Hello it_refplus ,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

At the moment you can blend multiple materials together using V-Ray Blend material. This has already been discussed here.

Support for blending material tags in the object manager has been considered for future update.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X