No announcement yet.

C4D Vray 5 Asset Browser / Transfer Render Settings from 3.7 / Load Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4D Vray 5 Asset Browser / Transfer Render Settings from 3.7 / Load Materials

Hi,

maybe it is too early... but I can not find the asset browser with materials.

Can I easily transfer my render settings to VRay 5.0, is all transferred when I open a 3.7 scene and save it as VRay 5 Scene? I miss the good old VRayforC4D roll-out menu...

And last but not least - how do I, load materials ... somehow the X.mat is not recognized.

Thank you.

Hello acidnoid ,

Originally posted by acidnoid View Post
    maybe it is too early... but I can not find the asset browser with materials.
    Can you please elaborate which asset browser are you referring to?

Can I easily transfer my render settings to VRay 5.0, is all transferred when I open a 3.7 scene and save it as VRay 5 Scene? I miss the good old VRayforC4D roll-out menu...
    What settings would you like to transfer from V-Ray 3.7 to V-Ray 5? Keep in mind that for the best experience we recommend the default render settings which come with V-Ray 5 as they are well optimized for quality and render times. Additionally, please clarify which rollout menu are you referring to?

And last but not least - how do I, load materials ... somehow the X.mat is not recognized.
    Could you please elaborate on this issue? Bear in mind that V-Ray 5 has been completely rewritten from scratch and some of the materials work differently.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Ok, I see .. actually I am looking for the material asset browser/library -> do I need to install the Material Library? Seems like this happens not automatically.
      However, it says, that I need tom open the Assetbrowser to download them (3dMax Manual - where is this option in C4D?), or where can I download materials and how do I import them?
      Last edited by acidnoid; 07-01-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

We have not yet implemented a material library (like the one in V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max) in V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D. We plan to add a material library in future versions.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

oh ok, I see, that's is though .. and it is also not possible to import materials from somewhere? / only option to convert them or build all new? I have scenes with plenty of materials, would take me weeks to rebuild them ...
          Last edited by acidnoid; 07-01-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hi there

The content browser preview also not works all objects are displayed in black

Comment

oh ok, I see, that's is though .. and it is also not possible to import materials from somewhere? / only option to convert them or build all new? I have scenes with plenty of materials, would take me weeks to rebuild them ...
              You could use old materials, created with V-Ray 3.7 using the scene converter which comes with V-Ray 5. Keep in mind that this converter is partial and has some known issues and limitations. You can find more about it here.

With the official release of V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D we also included the V-Ray scanned material which gives you access to our VRscans material library. You can find more information about it here.

Originally posted by Wohnraumdesign View Post
              Hi there

The content browser preview also not works all objects are displayed in black
              I have reported this to our development team and I will keep you updated when we have more information.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X