Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering

Hallo!

Ich habe Vray 5 und einen Renderknoten gekauft. Ich habe das Problem, wenn ich ein C4d-Material habe, stürzt der Renderknoten immer ab. Ich kann nicht alle Materialien druchsuchen. Ein Konverter zu Vray-Bitmaps Lösung (-server -portNumber = 20207). Ein Konverter für C4d Material to Vray-Materialien? Ich importiere meine Zeichnungen aus Vectorworks und muss alle c4d-Materialien von Hand in Vray-Materialien konvertieren, ist sehr zeitaufwändig!!!

Vielen Dank
    Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 08-01-2021, 12:06 PM.

Hi Wohnraumdesign,

Ich glaube es gibt aktuell keinen converter für V-Ray in V-Ray 5 für Cinema Materialien. So weit ich weiß kann V-Ray 5 aber auch mit Cinema 4D Materialien umgehen im Gegensatz zu V-Ray 3.7. aber wenn du sowieso eine V-Ray 5 Lizenz hast, könntest du als aktuellen workaround dir nochmal Cinema 4D mit V-Ray 3.7 öffnen, dort den converter oben im V-Ray menü nutzen und dann die scene in C4D mit V-Ray 5 öffnen. Wäre definitiv weniger zeitaufwändig als jedes material einzeln per Hand zu "konvertieren".

Gruß,
    PdZ

Comment

Thanks for the information.
      But it is not an optimal workflow and if I convert everything first with Vray 3.7 and then open it in Vray 5, not all are converted correctly and there are Vray materials with C4d JPG available when distributed rendering, the bucket errors are black. In addition, does the standalone close 90 percent when the rendering starts?

Comment

Hi there!

I just did a test rendering with Distributed Renderer, I got bucket errors even though they are all Vray materials ??? If I cancel the rendering process and then want to start again, the render node (standalone) almost always closes ???

Comment

Why are you using a colored(normal map?) in bump?
          3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
          NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
          www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
          @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Sorry, I have now rendered it again without a bump and there are still bucket errors?

Comment

Hi Wohnraumdesign, these errors seem to be caused by something else, than simple missing assets. Are the render slaves the same version as V-Ray for Cinema 4D? Also a description of your rendering setup might help us troubleshoot the issue. Last but not least - can you check if there are any warnings or errors in either the host integration (in the Extensions->Console->V-Ray) or in the DR slave output.
              Deyan Hadzhiev
              Developer
              chaos.com

Comment

Bercon Noise.JPG Hi there!

I have Found the problem as soon as i imported an old drawing from 3.7 the problem was a Bercon noise that always crashed my render slave! But if you add or convert old files, how can you find the shader where the Bercon noise is located under 100 shaders ???
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Bercon Noise.JPG Views:	0 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	1098635
                Thank you very much
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 12-01-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I know this will sound painful but in general the best option is always to rebuild assets from scratch whenever you switch to a major software upgrade, in this case is not even an upgrade since Vray5 is more like a brand new software compared to 3.7.
                  3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                  NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                  www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                  @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

well 3d max and other vrays do have many of these shaders, so i guess over time more will come also to c4d again. this will also make converting/updating materials easier.

that said c4d noise can be used now, which is better than bercon, so it might be worth updating your materials and assets.

i have c4d r19 with vray 3.x open and r23 with vray 5, and then i convert the mats in v19 so that they only have the compatible things, which i then open in r23 /vray 5 without big problems.
                    this is an interims solution but does work ok. best if you have 2 screens. it also is a chance to get rid of too outdated material setups.

we do this also for our libraries atm, like the metal, brick, wood,and concrete libs etc(all users get free updates of course), it costs a bit of time but does work actually ok.
                    Last edited by Stefan_Laub; 13-01-2021, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Hi there!
                      I have error buckets with Distributed Render when I render it locally everything works fine!
                      1) Vectorworks transfer to C4D then Material Converter 3.7
                      2) Open with Vray 5 and convert materials
                      3) I even made a rendering without textures and I also have a bucket error. What could the error be?
                      Thank you very much
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 20-01-2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Does anyone of you already have Distributed Rendering in operation, can someone help me?

Thank you very much

Comment

Wohnraumdesign I'm rendering a few shots with DR at the moment.
                          I could give it a try if you can send me your scene

Comment

Originally posted by Wohnraumdesign View Post
                            Hi there!
                            I have error buckets with Distributed Render when I render it locally everything works fine!
                            1) Vectorworks transfer to C4D then Material Converter 3.7
                            2) Open with Vray 5 and convert materials
                            3) I even made a rendering without textures and I also have a bucket error. What could the error be?
                            Thank you very much
                            As Ynal suggested we can help you if you can share the scene with us, so we can investigate what is going on. It is very possible to have something to do with the fact that it is a legacy scene from V-Ray 3.7.
                            Ivan Shaykov
                            chaos.com

Comment

I send the scene tomorrow.
                              Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 20-01-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X