Content Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Browser

I have the problem with the content browser when I have objects with multiple polygons and save them, the content browser preview shows the display in black. But if I connect all polygons and then save the preview will be displayed correctly this error only occurs with Vray material..it would be nice to fix this problem as soon as possible I would like to edit my assets for Vray 5!

Thank you very much
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 24-01-2021, 11:42 PM.

This was reported a long time ago.
    Also waiting for this to be fixed.

Comment

Hi there!

I work with the content browser. I think it is a must that the preview works!
      Don't any of you use the content browser?
      Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 28-01-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Hello,

This is a known issue and it has already been reported to our developers. I will let you know once we have more information.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wohnraumdesign View Post
          Hi there!

I work with the content browser. I think it is a must that the preview works!
          Don't any of you use the content browser?
          They say it is normal that some basic stuff could be bugged or missing in a official release...
          In the meantime, let's raise the price
          - welcome to vray
          Last edited by haniel1107; 28-01-2021, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Hello

It is very important that the content browser with Vray 5 works with VrayBitmap.
            IWould like to edit my assets for Vray 5.
            According to the picture I have created murals for Vray 5, how should you make the right selection for the pictures if you can't see anything?
            Attached Files

Comment

a related question, how is itmeant to have displacement stored in the content browser?

if i set materials to be saved in content browser the displ tag isnt stored,as it isnt a mat?
              only if a put a full place holder object with the tag on it, but this always also loads also the object into the scene which is unwanted, not just the material.

any insight on how you thought the displacemn tag is used in material libraries woudl be great
              thx!

Comment

Hallo!

Gibt es vielleicht Infos bis wann der Inhaltsbrowser funktioniert?

Dankeschön

Comment

Hello Wohnraumdesign ,

I cannot provide you with a specific timeframe for when this will be fixed. It has been reported and I will let you know when we have any updates on the matter.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
                    Hello Wohnraumdesign ,

I cannot provide you with a specific timeframe for when this will be fixed. It has been reported and I will let you know when we have any updates on the matter.
                    Deleted - senseless
                    Last edited by haniel1107; 03-02-2021, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

i never understood why displacement can not also be a material channel in vray.
                        not always, but mostly you want it in conjunction with a material, not?

Comment

Originally posted by index View Post
                          i never understood why displacement can not also be a material channel in vray.
                          not always, but mostly you want it in conjunction with a material, not?
                          Displacement is the simulation of real micro inequalities on the surface, this is not actually a material property (I think so ). I understand that this reasoning behind the separation of displacement into separate material. Moreover, having displacement on separate material can be beneficial, it can be handled separately. Although I admit that displacement as a channel in the material also at first glance seems more logical and I also did not get used to separation for a long time. Of course, if everything works as it should.

Comment

Hello,

The main reason why the displacement is in a tag and not in a material is to preserve compatibility and interoperability between V-Ray integrations.
                            Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Hi

I would like to know if there is any news about the Vorschau in the content browser, because i can't work with the current preview in black,and probably not everyone else either User!

Thank you very much!
                              Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 15-03-2021, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X