No announcement yet.

Workstation with two graphics cards (interactive rendering) Vray5 for Cinema 4D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workstation with two graphics cards (interactive rendering) Vray5 for Cinema 4D

Sorry, I have too little
    knowledge about rendering with GPU. If I have a workstation with 2 graphics cards GeForce RTX™ 3090 can I have the performance for interactive rendering from both cards at the same time?
    or does it only take the performance of one graphics card for interactive rendering.

Thanks for your help

Hi Alex, you will be able to use both GPU at the same time, and by linking the two cards together you will also be able to get the same pool of memory, if you have a fast CPU you can add that to the mix too!
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hi sirio

Thanks a lot for the information

Comment

Originally posted by alex_obrist View Post
        Sorry, I have too little
        knowledge about rendering with GPU. If I have a workstation with 2 graphics cards GeForce RTX™ 3090 can I have the performance for interactive rendering from both cards at the same time?
        or does it only take the performance of one graphics card for interactive rendering.

Thanks for your help
        You can have and V-Ray will use both graphics cards during rendering. Just make sure the're both selected by clicking on the "Rendering Devices" in the Render Settings.

Here is a link with more info about setting up V-Ray GPU
        Rendering with V-Ray GPU - V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D - Chaos Group Help
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hello to you
          I seem to have read in another post that it was necessary to choose with a GPU or CPU rendering
          Because if the settings were made with one or the other (CPU or GPU) the final renderings were different

Comment

I seem to have read in another post that it was necessary to choose with a GPU or CPU rendering
            You can render with what ever engine you see fit. This could be either V-Ray or V-Ray GPU.

Because if the settings were made with one or the other (CPU or GPU) the final renderings were different
            V-Ray and V-Ray GPU are two different render engines (like two different renderers) and there might be a slight difference in the final image. Because of being different render engines if you take a closer look when you're switching the engines you will see that some parameters are hidden and others have a completely different default value.

Even if you start a new project on one engine you can still switch to the other one whenever you want, but you will have to do some tweaks to the materials and settings of your project to fit and optimise them for the new engine and better render times. In other words switching between engines is possible but not recommended if you don't want to tweak additional settings after that.
            I'll recommend to continue exploring GPU rendering since it is a production ready solution and on both our release and beta videos we have V-Ray GPU shots as well and knowing both engines and how they work will give you much more flexibility to optimise your workflow based on a project and certain scenarios where GPU rendering might be a faster solution for you.
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hi,
              maybe stupid question, but not familiar with GPU, and do not really understand it...
              Can I mix two graphic cards, or do I need two of the same cards?

Have a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and Threadripper 3990 X built in.
              Would I notice a difference at IPR and final rendering with a second card?

Comment

As far as I know you should be able to mix different cards, from our tests your Threadripper should be faster than your 2080Ti (even if emulating a GPU) so be sure to add the CPU as a CUDA device too if you plan to use GPU in production.
                NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/

Comment

Thank you Sirio. Wondering only if it would help to get a better IPR Performance for very large scenes as main target (normal size scenes performance is great) and maybe some benefit for Hybrid rendering?
                  But, never tested Hybrid...

Comment

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post
                    never tested Hybrid...
                    Then you should a weak CPU won't help that much (or won't help at all) but if you have an high core count CPU (especially from AMD) it will improve the performance by a large margin even in emulation.
                    Unfortunately on very large scene IPR may still have problem no matter what software/hardware you use, but for average scene or shader development I found the Vray IPR to be pretty robust and plenty fast.

Comment

Top, then... I will do so !! Thanks!!

Comment

Is there a list of what VRAY GPU and VRAY CPU supports? that would be great to know since my goal is have GPU rendering for setup and lookdev then offload to a local CPU renderfarm.

Comment

Our documentation would be your friend here. Here is a link where you will find all the supported features for V-Ray GPU
                          Supported Features - V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D - Chaos Group Help
                          Ivan Shaykov
                          chaos.com

Comment

Wrong topic please delete

Comment

Working...
                            X