Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering for dummies

Hi,

somehow I can not get DR to work - not sure why. I have problems to locate the Vray -server file.
    However, the machine, which I want to use as a slave, is found in the Add host menu, at least the IP). Can you please elaborate in detail, how this works. In the past, I started always the 3.7 Server, and all was fine.
    I am using OSX and Vray, not as Standalone version. Hence I assume the Vray -Server file is located in the link shown in the manual.
    Thank you.

P.S.: I also noted that with Vray 5 I get only one render node extra unless I purchase more nodes? This is a big downgrade from 3.7.

I have exactly the same issue. How do you launch Vray -server on the the slave?

They have given some script to paste into the terminal - but that just comes back with an error.

Help Chaos???? Please assist.

Comment

Hi Bern,
      I managed to start the server. You need to write the path into the terminal - the one in the manual is just an example - in my folder for e.g. under ....r23/plugins/V-Ray/res/libs/osx/vray - if you double click this file the terminal opens and you can copy the full path - you need to add the vray -server at the end, and then it starts.
      Nevertheless, currently, I have a license error

Comment

Hey Acidnoid,

Thanks so much for responding.

I am also now getting the licensing server error.
        Last edited by bern_diener; 24-02-2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Hi, can you share the exact error message you are getting? Also it may be helpful to check what is your licensing setup and whether it is configured properly, by running this in a terminal:
          Code:
          /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Cinema4DR23/bin/setvrlservice -dump
          "Cinema4DR23" should be replaced by the version you have installed.
          Deyan Hadzhiev
          Developer
          chaos.com

Comment

Hi Deyan,

See attached screenshot of error

Attached Files

Comment

As the error suggests - the license server can not be reached. Try running the command line I sent you - it will output the current licensing information that is used by the V-Ray server, it should output something like this:
              Code:
              Current settings:
              Server: "10.0.0.24"
              Port: 30304
              Alternate server #1: ""
              Alternate port #1: 30304
              Alternate server #2: ""
              Alternate port #2: 30304
              Username: ""
              Password:
              You may need to change the primary server IP that is used for obtaining the license with the following command:
              Code:
              /Applications/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Cinema4DR23/bin/setvrlservice -server=10.0.0.100 -port=30304
              Where you should replace the server IP with the IP of the license server you use.

Also, I suggest reading this page for further information on configuring the license setup of V-Ray:
              https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...Settings-macOS

By default the V-Ray for Cinema 4D installation installs a license server on the local machine, and if you did not make changes, it will try getting a license from the local machine. This should also work, but you would need to sign in the local license server as well.
              Deyan Hadzhiev
              Developer
              chaos.com

Comment

Hi Deyan,

I'v run your scripts, it seems to do something and say settings updated.

But I still can't get it to work.
                Last edited by bern_diener; 24-02-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Hello bern_diener,

Please try to enable the incoming and outgoing traffic on TCP and UDP for port 30304 on your server machine. You can check how to do that here.

Alternatively, please download and install the license server locally on the slave from here.

Please let me know if that helps.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for your assistance. I think it probably is now set up. However, I just learned that if I wish to use DR I need to purchase additional render nodes... so on hold from my side for now

Comment

Hello bern_diener ,

That is correct. You will need an additional render node license for each slave. Please let us know if you need further assistance with this.
                      Aleksandar Kasabov
                      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bern_diener View Post
                        Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for your assistance. I think it probably is now set up. However, I just learned that if I wish to use DR I need to purchase additional render nodes... so on hold from my side for now
                        If your node hardware is more powerful than your workstation you should still be able to use the standalone even without an additional license, just disable the local render.
                        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X