IES lights don't work at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IES lights don't work at all

I'm working on a scene with a dome/sky light and some spotlights. I can get the vray IES light working. I attached the .ies file to the vray IES light but they don't show up in rendering. They simply don't make any light at all. I tried to modfiy the power multiplier a lot but they still don't work. I have the same issue with rectangle lights.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by alessio_brambilla; 26-02-2021, 10:03 AM.

Here .ies file works fine, you may want to rise the multiplier quite a bit to get a visible effect. It would surely help to have a proper intensity control in lumens:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermata 2021-02-26 alle 18.04.20.png Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	1104651
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post
      Here .ies file works fine, you may want to rise the multiplier quite a bit to get a visible effect. It would surely help to have a proper intensity control in lumens:
      Click image for larger version Name:	Schermata 2021-02-26 alle 18.04.20.png Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	1104651
      Thank you for your reply, but I'm still missing some basics. My multiplier is very high

Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2021-02-26 182556.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1104660

and now i could get them to work but they make a very little light.

Increasing them by a hundred factor make lights a little stronger but still not enough

Name:	Cattura.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1104661

Name:	Cattura1.JPG
Views:	668
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1104662

Comment

I probably got it. I was confused by the shape of the symbol (not "spotty") and placed it wrongly.

Comment

Working...
        X