Texture Isolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture Isolate

Does VR5 for C4D have a texture isolate function? Or anyway to preview a texture based on its affect only? For instance, I want to apply a procedural noise to a surface as a bump and then see how that noise is scaling on the surface as a black and white mask. VR materials in C4D don't seem to have the preview options similar to native materials and I can't get VRay to behave with them. Here's how it looks in Modo. Its super helpful for dialing in texture scale.

Hey robert_houchens ,
    currently, we don't have such a preview feature. This is something that could be added when we introduce support for the Node Materials in Cinema 4D. I've added this in our feature requests list.
    Last edited by shaio; 04-03-2021, 12:23 PM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by robert_houchens View Post
      Does VR5 for C4D have a texture isolate function? Or anyway to preview a texture based on its affect only? For instance, I want to apply a procedural noise to a surface as a bump and then see how that noise is scaling on the surface as a black and white mask. VR materials in C4D don't seem to have the preview options similar to native materials and I can't get VRay to behave with them. Here's how it looks in Modo. Its super helpful for dialing in texture scale.
      Hi Robert, you can use the world normal RE for that, it is added automatically when using the denoiser but you can also add that manually if needed
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermata 2021-03-04 alle 21.58.01.png
Views:	115
Size:	709.0 KB
ID:	1105801

3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
      NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
      www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
      @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
      X