Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command line rendering

When I start up a command line render like:

"D:\Programmas\Cinema 4D R23\Commandline.exe" -render D:\path\to\file\filename.c4d -frame 3 255 17

I get this message:
    Error running authentication: No License Model defined [license_impl.cpp(129)]
    CRITICAL: Stop [startplugin.cpp(186)]
    Error: application crashed

Is it possible to render using the commandline?

Hi floris_drupsteen, the message you report is not related to our plugin. It is surely possible to render with the Commandline and V-Ray, but keep in mind two things:

1. Since R21 the Commandline executable also requires your Maxon login. This means running the commandline with the following command once in a while:
    Code:
    Commandline.exe g_licenseUsername=<your_user_name> g_licensePassword=<your_password>
    2. Since R23 the Commandline executable does not load plugins in default directories - this is a problem reported on Maxon forums and it may be fixed in future versions. So in order to load plugins (as is V-Ray), you need to add the following argument each time you start the Commandline:
    Code:
    Commandline.exe g_modulePath="%{g_startupPath}/corelibs;%{g_startupPath}/plugins" -render ...
    Also, if V-Ray is not installed in its default plugins subdirectory, you would need to add that directory to the argument above as well.
    I hope this helps you render in Commandline, should the error message persist I suggest reaching to Maxon for support and more information about the message.
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Can i use c4d commandline rendering or team render client with v-ray render node license? Couldn't really find info regarding the "plugin mode" for the render node license, only DBR.
      With our maxon subscription we get a few commandline render licenses and team render client licenses. We want to turn a few machines to render nodes to use with deadline and maxon's team render server.

Comment

Hi akos_kiss - yes, there are no limitations in using commandline or team render, as long as you have a Render Node license for each machine that will participate in the rendering. Note that a V-Ray for Cinema 4D UI license is not required for this.

Please, just note that using the Team Render for single frame rendering might have some unwanted results, if you have VFB post effects or denoiser in the scene.
        Deyan Hadzhiev
        Developer
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X