Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-time no new Build

Hello,
    there is no new nightly build since 3 weeks now. Is maybe a service pack or update with some features close?

I think They don't have build for cinema4D on priority as compared to other because its been more than 20 Days since last nightlies and VRay still lack many many important features compared to other. It doesn't have any teaching material.. I'm realizing that investing money and time into VRay was mistake...It's better to stick with Redshift or any other.

Comment

Hi,
      there is no new nightly build since 3 weeks now. Is maybe a service pack or update with some features close?
      Yes you're correct.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

That's cool...

Comment

Yes you're correct.
          That be great...

Comment

But, how close is close? I'm just noticing that it's so relative... please....

Comment

Better to wait and wait for a good fix than get minor improvements when the big flaws remain unchanged.

Comment

I am also ready for a good fix. Nothing against it... 5 months official release...
                To be fair, some good improvements are already done, but some important for a good workflow are still missing...

I am now grateful for every nightly build, in the hope that the bug that annoys you the most or slows you down is fixed
                Last edited by haniel1107; 20-05-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Any news? Any fix?

Comment

Any information would be good....

Comment

Hello CG,
                      can't you go back and offer nightly builds, even when you are working on an update,
                      like you are doing for Max or Maya.
                      Sometimes there is a bug fixed which could helpful, as there are enough...

Or at least some information, what to come next and when?

Comment

Hey hanniel1107,
                        can't you go back and offer nightly builds, even when you are working on an update
                        This is not possible in most cases. Nightly builds are provided when there is something fixed in them. When moving to a new major version of V-Ray core not every fix that is added could be picked and moved to the previous version since there is a chance that something else might brake.

Or at least some information, what to come next and when?
                        Believe me as much as I want to share more information most the on going work is very dynamic and I wouldn't want to share something that might not get released because it got delayed for some time (We already tried that by sharing such info previously and there was disappointment because some people are seeing this information as a promise).
                        Last edited by shaio; 27-05-2021, 05:13 AM.
                        Ivan Shaykov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Hi Shaio,
                          thank you for clarifying and it is understandable. Sometimes it is hard to stay patient. Most of the time it is working with limitations, of course it depends on what kind of project you are working on. It can cost a lot of time to find out, if something is a bug or not and to find workarounds or the need to make compromises... It is sometimes exhausting.. and then suddenly no more nightly builds, can make unhappy... Hoping for some progress soon... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post
                            Hi Shaio,
                            thank you for clarifying and it is understandable. Sometimes it is hard to stay patient. Most of the time it is working with limitations, of course it depends on what kind of project you are working on. It can cost a lot of time to find out, if something is a bug or not and to find workarounds or the need to make compromises... It is sometimes exhausting.. and then suddenly no more nightly builds, can make unhappy... Hoping for some progress soon... thanks
                            Thank you for your understanding!
                            Ivan Shaykov
                            chaos.com

Comment

I noticed it too that it took a while to hear if theres something new on the horizon.
                              I also have to say that my company and my employees are currently working with V-Ray 5 and its great. Its really, really great so far. Every new feature is like christmas. Iam looking forward to see when this will happen. If the major features are in 5 like shaio mentioned in his anouncement-thread then we will get three additional licences for our office.

Happy to see the development.

Originally posted by shubham_patel View Post
                              I think They don't have build for cinema4D on priority as compared to other because its been more than 20 Days since last nightlies and VRay still lack many many important features compared to other. It doesn't have any teaching material.. I'm realizing that investing money and time into VRay was mistake...It's better to stick with Redshift or any other.
                              I see the frustration, too but I was also frustrated, but its very noticeable and clear that the time has come that V-Ray for C4D become professional. And I dont see lazyness or lack of professional coding here. We get a very nice product here.
                              I can wait and considering the current pandemic situation: Chaosgroup is working very stable.

I also try to be patient and calm now. I see the progress.

PdZ

shaio Kinda offtopic but I always wanna know: Your Thumbnail: Is it based on Nintendos Metroid Prime 4 Announcement?

https://nintendo-online.de/upload/im...4-04291791.png
                              Last edited by PdZ; 04-06-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X