Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview /playblast with Vray rendering black

Hi,

How can I render a viewport preview render with C4d R23 and Vray 5? (as in a 'playblast' if we were in Maya)

When trying to do this all objects with Vray materials come out black....I assume as I am effectively switching the render engine to 'viewport render'

Is there a workaround to get previews out when using vray in C4d?

Thanks.

For example here are some screenshots....all vray materials black...the only object that shows is the one with no material....help!

Comment

Hello cam_910,

Currently, this doesn't work with V-Ray 5. I have reported this in our internal system (bug ID: VC4D-927) and I will update this thread once we have more information. Thank you.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply...this is kind of a big deal. Long-form character animation without playblasts is a nightmare, previews are essential to see playback in real time, drop into draft edits etc. Please prioritize this

Comment

Any progress on this issue?....seriously this is a HUGE issue, please deal with it asap.

The only workaround I can find is to switch to standard render, add an override material and then do a 'full preview' which is slow and a time waste....not to mention obviously all colours, transparency etc is gone. Colours I can handle but transparency is annoying. Yes I could go and create custom override materials but it gets very convoluted. Then have to switch back for production rendering to vray. ....

I am switching to redshift !

Comment

Hello cam_910,

We don't have any updates to share with you yet. I will let you know as soon as I have any updates on the matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hi vray lab rabbits,

The workaround for me is to enable "layer color" in the viewport options.
              maybe not a perfect workaround but sufficient for timing the animation.

Sebastian

Comment

Thanks man that really helps! genius.

Comment

Hey Vray Dev's,

any plans on the horizon to add transparency support for the viewport?
                  This would help a lot when creating animation previews. Especially in cases where object's are faded out and faded in.
                  Example below shows a Cube with a transparent material on it.
                  Doesn't show up in the viewport, although transparency is activated in the viewport settings.

Cheers,
                  Bernd

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	54
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	1207300​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	51
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1207301​

Comment

Hi, you can use the node materials, which have support for transparency in the viewport. The classic materials use an older (and much more limited) API, and adding transparency for them might not be possible.
                    Deyan Hadzhiev
                    Developer
                    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
                      Hi, you can use the node materials, which have support for transparency in the viewport. The classic materials use an older (and much more limited) API, and adding transparency for them might not be possible.
                      Hi, this helps when inside Cinema. But if you create a Preview Animation (ALT+B) the transparency change is not showing up.
                      Last edited by Berndimator; 25-04-2024, 02:33 AM.

Comment

You can try to activate the X-ray effect on the transparent objects
                        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Since the preview animation uses the Viewport renderer, this limitation seems to be on the Cinema 4D side. Does this also happen if you use a Cinema 4D material with animated transparency?
                          Deyan Hadzhiev
                          Developer
                          chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post
                            You can try to activate the X-ray effect on the transparent objects
                            It's not changing anything for the Preview Animation, the objects stays visible also with the Node Material.
                            I'm sure this is an important feature for many users. We all need to show previews to our clients and it's causing a lot of confusion
                            if a fade in or fade out of an object is happening abrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
                              Since the preview animation uses the Viewport renderer, this limitation seems to be on the Cinema 4D side. Does this also happen if you use a Cinema 4D material with animated transparency?
                              No. If you use a Cinema Standard Material and you animate the Alpha Value, the Viewport export is correct and shows the fade out.

Comment

Working...
                              X