Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDenoise Tool with V-Ray 3.7

Dear Chaosgroup,

we are currently shifting from V-Ray 3.7 to V-Ray 5 but are still using V-Ray 3.7 as legacy.
    But we know there is a possibility to use the Denoise Multipass in V-Ray 3.7. I tried to save renderings including these renderelements which are have to be saved for
    the Vdenoise.exe Tool but had no luck. I can see this Renderelements in the 3.7 V-Ray Framebuffer but there seem not to be saved when using the Cinema Pictureviewer and also not when
    using V-Ray Framebuffer with "Translator -> Save VFB Images".

And because its an animation, it will not help to save them manually out of the VFB.

What do I do wrong? How can I save those necessary denoising Renderelements such as: "noiseLevel", "defocusAmount", "worldnormals" etc.?

thx in advance!

Edit: OK I found out that when saving it as .vrimg it saves those elements. But when using the denoiser-tool it says:

"error: [DenoiserApp::readMultiChannel] 0: Error the image file is incomplete, the data of channel "Sub-pixel weight" is missing"

Is it because V-Ray 3.7 does not have this channel? Or how do I set this up in V-Ray?

PdZ
    Last edited by PdZ; 02-06-2021, 01:38 AM.

I used Vdenoise quite often in the past and it should work correctly by loading .vrimg files. If it doesn’t work you can try to use a multilayer .exr (use the vrimg to exr tool for that) and see if that helps. There are many settings you can choose from for the Vdenoise so be sure to select them correctly, if needed I can give you an example.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

.vrimg files are great if you are rendering locally but if you have to use a render farm, then most of the time its not supported. I'm also having the same issues :/

Comment

Working...
      X