Hair Not Rendering On Object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Not Rendering On Object?

Hi! When I render, the hair is showing off the object. I am using V Ray 5. Any ideas??

They are generated on the original object position and if you move the object the hair will not follow. Recreate the hair object from scratch and as a workaround if you need to move the hair select the object polygon and move the polygon leaving the object axis unchanged.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

I'm still lost.. I have deleted the hair object many times and re-added it and it is still placing the hair in another place other than my object. What am I doing wrong here?

Comment

I've saved my objects.. opened a new scene, placed my object where I wanted.. then added hair and still the same problem.

Comment

If you still can't make it work, can you upload a sample scene so we could take a look?
          I tried to reproduce it on my side - no luck.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_SFJNmv9B5Y.png
Views:	1040
Size:	760.4 KB
ID:	1116078Click image for larger version

Name:	hair-forum-02.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1116079

Comment

unicorn.c4d.zip

Thank you!! I don't know what I am doing wrong, it's driving me crazy!

Comment

I downloaded your test scene and was able to reproduce the issue. I found that if you reset the axis of the sweep object so that it is at 0,0,0 in the world, the hair will render correctly. It seems to be a bug but hopefully this workaround works for now.
              Attached Files

Comment

GENIUS! Thank you sooooo much!!!! I hope they fix this horrible bug.

Comment

Hello all,

This is a known bug (bug ID: VC4D-668 ) that has already been reported in our internal bug tracking system. Fix for it will be available soon.
                  Last edited by aleksandar.kasabov; 09-06-2021, 12:16 AM.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by jami_stewart View Post
                    GENIUS! Thank you sooooo much!!!! I hope they fix this horrible bug.
                    It is fixed in our internal builds and will be available in the next V-Ray 5 release.
                    Last edited by shaio; 10-06-2021, 02:14 AM.
                    Ivan Shaykov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Thanks guys! I was having this issue as well!

Comment

Working...
                      X